'06 Manhattan Dancesport Championships

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Merrylegs, Jun 22, 2006.

1. Ithink

Ithink Active Member

It seemed like the comp was the only time you could look at the marks, given how people crowded around the marks when they were available. I am glad I looked at them at the comp because they told a better story than the results themselves did:) But I'm pretty sure I heard someone say that they don't make them available online which is totally stupid.
  2. Nik

Nik Member

I just want to see how close I was to winning the U21 latin. 3-2 in the dances and it usually comes down to 1 judge difference, which sucks cause you wonder, could I have pushed just that little extra.
  3. Ithink

Ithink Active Member

You guys looked awesome and I had you winning, in my mind at least:) I just couldn't get past the winning couple's girl's legs. Is putting gold dust or oil or whatever it was all over your legs some kind of a new trend - I mean her legs were so shiny it was distracting!
  4. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

I have only ever seen online marks with regard to YCN or USADance stuff....never have I known an NDCA comp to publish marks afterwards.
  5. bailarín

bailarín New Member

If you are referring to Amateur Smooth, there was a couple who fits your description at Emerald:

2 Haldun Komsuogw with Emi Terasawa

We thought they were wonderful also.
  6. DancingJools

DancingJools Member

Last year the Ohio Star Ball put the judges' marks online, and I think also Philly Festival did that. I think they were the first to post judges' marks.
    OSB Scoresheets
    This year, Philadelphia Festival put the marks online (but they are not NDCA-recognized, I think. Something about where the comp falls on the calendar). Let's hope the OSB does that, too.
    [Edit]Just checked the douglassassociates website. Seems also the Sapphire Ball put their scoresheets online.
  7. gingerbread

gingerbread Member

Millennium had judges marks up very quickly
  8. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

Cool, I was unaware that NDCA comps had started to do that.
  9. Chris Stratton

Chris Stratton New Member

As far as I know the only NDCA rule is that they can't post marks before the end of the competition.
    1 person likes this.
  10. samb2agirl

samb2agirl New Member

The Philly Festival is and has been a Championship, and is recognized by the NDCA.
  11. DancingJools

DancingJools Member

Oops. Sorry. I thought it kind of fell through the cracks when the NDCA put a moratorium on recognizing new comps. It IS a great comp, though, no question about it.
  12. Gary McDonald

Gary McDonald New Member

Unfortunately we are having trouble getting Access Dance to integrate with Comp Manager so that the judges marks can be posted on our site. If anyone needs to see their marks please call our Manhattan DanceSport office at (973)276-0201 and we will fax you your marks as long as we have your heat number that you danced in and of course your fax number. Next year we will be posting the judges marks even if it means finding someone else to manage our website. I would also like to say thank you to all of the dancers that made this years event such a success.
    2 people like this.
  13. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to the DF Gary, and thanks for the information -- I'm sure that many of our members and guests will be most appreciative!
  14. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

It was a fun comp, and we really appreciate you putting your money where your mouth is with regards to competitors receiving free entry into the ballroom for their events. :)
  15. Ithink

Ithink Active Member

Yes, one of the best comps I've attended, definitely! And it would be awesome if next year you made marks available online.

On a related note, how refreshing to see an NDCA comp organizer actually considering NOT using Access Dance as their template. It's a terrible one and kudos to you, Mr. McDonald for thinking outside such an unattractive and unmanageable box! Another great thing to add, if you truly do consider another host for your site next year, would be online registration. It would be great if you guys, as organizers, helped usher NDCA comps into the 21st century, even if it is 6-7 years too late;)
  16. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

Speak for yourself! :raisebro:
  17. Natalka

Natalka Member

FYI everyone...my photos from Manhattan Dancesport are starting to go up on artrhythms.com in my Photo Gallery...American Rhythm is up and Latin will soon follow
    Enjoy!
  18. mamboqueen

Great shots, Natalka. I'm actually liking quite a few of those costumes. Danielle looks completely different than the last time I saw her.
  19. alemana

alemana New Member

20. mamboqueen

but if you click on it, it says M&Y on the bottom (enlarged picture).