'06 Manhattan Dancesport Championships

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Merrylegs, Jun 22, 2006.

1. chrisjohnston

chrisjohnston Well-Known Member

Thanks Latingal.I want to dance next week but that is probably a bit stupid.I think in the interim period that I might judge a couple of comps .Cheers chris
    1 person likes this.
  2. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

ehhh...a few pints and you'll be good as new ;)

welcome back!

(and thanks for getting my charger back to me!)
  3. chrisjohnston

chrisjohnston Well-Known Member

Glad you got it .Cheers chris
  4. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

Hope you do have the hutzpah to just sit it out for a bit and judge a couple comps....I've got a foot injury that I just keep re-injuring because of my own stupidity. I'm thinking right about now that I'm not the brightest bulb in the bunch...
  5. dancetiger

dancetiger New Member

Hope its not too late to add to the discussion of Max and Yulia. I would agree with those who are saying that it is important for the guy to showcase his partner and I think Max is doing a great job. Also i think they have the best chemistry on the floor. When I look at most other couples it looks like they are not really dancing together.
  6. gracie

gracie Active Member

Just found out Max and Yulia are performing at Southeastern states in Orlando- right in my backyard ....YEAAA!!!! AAANNNNDDDDD!!!!, I get to see Paul Killick at the Fire and Ice Ball in Tampa. What a year for Florida.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
  7. mamboqueen

Nail down the trailers; the little blonde tornado's comin' to town!
  8. HaveDanceFever

HaveDanceFever New Member

For real tornadoe, you should see Olga Rodionova. She gabe a class last night. Best Samba class i ever had. i took many classes with top coaches in new york city. this was the best.
    what a sad thing she not competing in US any more. I always thought Paul Richardson and Olga were the ones that should win US championship. And now we don't see them dancing so much in US.
    If you want, Paul and Olga teaching in NYC this Sunday, at Chinatown studio (101 lafayete street).
  9. mamboqueen

Have never had the pleasure of seeing O-Rod dance. She/they used to compete for US?
  10. alemana

alemana New Member

i've seen them compete a couple times, and give a couple of shows. I enjoy them very much, but to my mind they don't compare to max/yulia. i guess that now that they don't dance of the US anymore, we won't have as many opportunities to see them up close.
  11. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

O-Rod ! LMAO !
  12. HaveDanceFever

Paul and Olga have real technique, real depth in their dancing. Paul is very experienced and very strong. And she is one hot-looking lady.
  13. HaveDanceFever

Last year Paul and Olga represented US in world championships. they were in the final.
  14. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

Several people have expressed concern that the phone number that Gary McDonald posted here is not the correct number. It is indeed the correct one. Just leave a message. (I haven't called it lately so I don't know if the out going message has been updated or not...)

Also for those of you impatient for your score sheets... give the organizers a break. The time after a comp is just as busy as the time leading up to the comp. The are TONS of things to do, not to mention it was a big holiday right after and they do have a studio and teaching to attend to.

I am sure you will get your scores, just be patient.