'06 Manhattan Dancesport Championships

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Merrylegs, Jun 22, 2006.

1. chrisjohnston

chrisjohnston Well-Known Member

Hi Kitty,we have so many photos that it is going to take us a while to post them all.We shall let you know when they are posted.Cheers chris

2. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

Pro Standard

1. Jonathan and Katusha
    2. Victor and Anna
    3. Erminio and Liene
    4. Linus and Ieva
    5. Giampero and Anastasia
    6. Gary and Rita

Erminio taking third seemed to be a surprise
    Pro Rhythm

1. Tony and Elena
    2. Emmanuelle and Joanna (1st in Mambo)
    3. Evgeny and Inna
    4. Telonas
    5. Mat and Karen
    6. Michael and Danielle

3. bailarín

bailarín New Member

Wow! Thanks for posting these results.

4. LucyDiamond

LucyDiamond Active Member

Thanks for posting the results. Does anyone know where Greg & Gabby and Marek & Denisa placed in Pro Standard?

Lucy

5. Natalka

Natalka Member

Hi mamboqueen!
    Sorry I didn't get to meet you while I was here! It was fun...this was my first time here and I really enjoyed it. Gary MacDonald was a great host!
    Pro Rhythm was interesting:) Emmanuel and Joanna were clearly in tip top form and in perfect partnership and really stood out. It was interesting overall, with new partnerships, etc...
    I will definitely have tons of action shots up on artrhythms when I get back to my command station!!!
    Talk to you soon!

6. Nik

Nik Member

Another New York Comp :)

7. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

I saw Greg and Gabby but don't remember how they placed. I didn't notice Marek & Denisa.

8. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

Greg and Gabby are fabulous. I really enjoy their dancing. He is absolutly handsome and she doesn't look like your typical "ballroom fluffy" girl, she looks "real". They are very appealing to watch. I forget how far they made it, I was in and out of the room last night.

Hi GJB. Nice to run into you again last night.
    LOTS of DFer's running around all week.

MQ, check out the dress

9. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

It looks great from what I can see of it. Your talents are many!

But, what the heck is Pee Wee looking at???

10. Larinda McRaven

Russell is looking a bit wonky too.

11. mamboqueen

Natalka -- I sent you an e-mail. I wasn't there during the time you were, unfortunately, and my cell phone is dead. Next time ;)

Can someone give some commentary on the pro rythym comp? I'm curious to know if people think that Emmanuel and Joanna can at some point overtake Tony and Elena. Two completely different styles. Or is it just a matter of waiting for the top couple to retire before anyone gets to move up in the rankings (and my bubble will be burst, I am sure, to hear the answer to this!).

12. mamboqueen

LMAO - I didn't notice him skulking in the background there. They look like they just crawled out of Pee Wee's glass!

13. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

That was definitely one of the best Pro Rhythms I've seen. The "outfit" Elena wore in the prelim rounds was horrible! Though I must admit her bod did look pretty slammin' in it, I think the outfit was out of place. I liked Emanuelle and Joanna; great showmanship! I wonder about their choreography though. It seems a little "unusual" but I'm not sure why I think that. Do they seem to dance apart a lot or is it just me? This weekend was the first time I saw Jeremy and Anna. I liked this couple. I think this was the debut of Benito Garcia and Adrianna Chessa. I didn't pay that much attention though. Have to look closer next time.

I enjoyed the Pro Show. Emanuelle and Joanna did their fabulous swing number. Tony and Elena did a cool Samba number in Jeans. I like that funky mime/hip hop number. I think it was Gary, Marcus, Tony and ?

Sorry, I'm not much of a reporter.

Good to see you too Larinda !

14. Larinda McRaven

Russell Jackson of Supershag - Boston
    the wonky one in the back left

15. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

Did I leave you hanging? Wondering about Elena's costume?

Ha Ha Ha !

It was like a body suit with an open back. It looked like something you might see at a hustle comp.

16. HaveDanceFever

HaveDanceFever New Member

I heard that the Professional Latin was very, very week, and that several top couples did not show up. Can anyone confirm?

17. gingerbread

gingerbread Member

Matt and Karen are wonderful, real, refreshing, talented, beautiful, not too many tricks that have nothing to do with the dance they are doing, just a fabulous, and recognizeable, interpretation of each dance. I feel better about the future of Rhythm now that I have finally seen them

18. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

I thought it was pretty strong. Most of the top American couples were there. The only ones I can think of that were missing were Andre and Elena and Pasha and Anna. Andre and Elena were supposed to dance. I don't know why they did not. Jonathon Roberts and Anna Trebunskaya made the top 48 at Blackpool and didn't even make the finals at this event. It may have been stronger last year; Max Chmerkovskiy and Paul Richardson danced. But, Max just got a new partner and Paul and Olga don't seem to be dancing in America now that they are representing England.

You can view the list of finalists on the Supershag website.

19. mamboqueen

I wonder why Andre and Elena didn't dance; he did pro/am.

20. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Maybe that's why? I know that there are some pros who will only dance pro or pro-am at any given event, never both.