14 yr. old prodigy....

Discussion in 'Videos' started by barrefly, Sep 17, 2008.

1. barrefly

barrefly New Member

2. Laura

Laura New Member

I didn't know he played the piano. Thanks for the links.
  3. Kassia

Kassia New Member

That's a great video.. I think i also spotted one of the young couples that appeared on DWTS last season.. The dance in and out of the video are couple of times, dressed in hot pink...
  4. Kassia

Kassia New Member

5. samina

samina Well-Known Member

6. barrefly

barrefly New Member

I also think the kids are fantastic. I just wished my daughter could find a partner as good as Kiril. Maybe his buddy David is into ballroom/latin....but I think he may be a bit to short for Missy. (We know of the kids from Missy's ballet comp. days).
    Anyway, such is life.
  7. liz

liz New Member

Omg!!!!
  8. ashybang

ashybang New Member

Thanks for posting those links.
    What a tremendous talent the young man is.:notworth:
  9. Angel HI

Angel HI Well-Known Member

I wish my daughter could find an interested "d-a-n-c-e" partner as well. I also wish that I could do some mystical, metaphysical, non-evil, Exorcist kind of thing, and possess that kid's bod for my next performance.
  10. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

I am nagging the studio about finding a partner for my daughter. Told them I was willing to Rosetta Stone her into Russian...lol..can't let communication get in the way of progress.
  11. Laura

Laura New Member

There's a number of kids like this (i.e., about this good) in competitive ballroom/latin, so I feel a little weirded out seeing the world "prodigy" thrown in. Don't get me wrong, though, I do particularly like Kiril & Natella's dancing, they are one of my favorite young couples, highly talented and excellent dancers and also nice people.
  12. sambanada

sambanada Active Member

I agree. There are so many young couples that are multitalented. They are cute kids, but I would not say prodigy either. While growing up, I was a very successful ballroom dancer, singer, skiier and violin player. Many kids in Poland have many activities they succeed in. I enjoyed the videos, and found them adorable. However, besides ballet, I did not find it extraordinary. I hope I am not making the kids feel bad. They are so cute. This is just my opinion.
  13. barrefly

barrefly New Member

.......yea,...personally, I don't know what all the hype is about. Though they are the #1 ranked junior latin champs in the U.S. and Kiril is a Youth America Grand Prix champ. (Ballet). Boys seem to get a lot more attention than girls, in the dance world. He is certainly the creme of the crop....but "prodigy" may have been too strong a word. I think my daughter would make a better partner for Kiril....but that may just be a dad talking.
  14. Laura

Laura New Member

Sometimes you have to watch the dad talk :) Imagine if you were Natella or her parents and were reading that post?
  15. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

I think Laura's point is well made. Obviously understandable why you'd want that level of partner for your daughter, but probably better voiced in that way. ;)
  16. barrefly

barrefly New Member

...they would probably think I jealous, which I am.

I also did not mean that in a hurtful sense. I was just being honest....such as in pointing out that they are not really "prodigies". (Get it.) Kiril and Natella are very gifted dancers. I really don't believe there are that many 14 yr. olds that posess the level of talent of Kiril. Natella is certainly a better trained latin dancer than my daughter..this isn't even a discussion. What can be a discussion is why Kiril is not deserving of being called a prodigy. My take was that he did not connect with his partner and that he wasn't dancing from the heart....two things my daughter would not put up with in a partner no matter how good he is. Therefore,...and I do hope that Kiril and partner reads this.......she will stand a greater risk of losing him if she does not make it clear to Kiril that she is not a prop for him.

..back in the ballet days, I remember seeing Kiril and his friend David togeather like they were joined at the hip. I remember them really enjoying their dancing and would have turn battles with each other, (who can do the most fouettes, best toure de force etc.). I don't see him having that connection with Natella and it doesn't look like they are having fun with there dancing. Missy and her partner have so many cool moves up their sleeve that they do when the social dance togeather...it not only makes audiences applaud...but makes them laugh. Buddy Schwimmer's dancers do the same thing. Buddy teaches his dancer that dancing comes from the heart...not a syllabus.
    If Kiril is not a prodigy......he is a heartbeat away from it.
  17. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

Another reason to move back to NJ !
  18. Laura

Laura New Member

I'm going to say this very plainly: I think it is rather bad form to post here about how your daughter would make a better partner for someone in a successful existing partnership -- especially when these are kid partnerships. You have your opinion, which is fine. However you should have these kinds of discussions directly with your daughter's teachers, and even with Kiril and his parents, it just really seems rude and prideful to be talking this way about your daughter on an open forum that anyone can read.
  19. Terpsichorean Clod

Terpsichorean Clod Moderator

Nope. There will be no further discussion along this line. Not on this forum. If you really want to continue, as Laura said (thank you, Laura!), you should speak with your daughter's teachers or perhaps with Kiril and his parents and teachers .

I find it quite curious that you need to point out that that "they are not really 'prodigies'" after having created this thread and titling it "14 yr. old prodigy..."
  20. ashybang

ashybang New Member

Quote from dictionary.
    prod·i·gy [​IMG]Pronunciation: \ˈprä-də-jē\ Function:noun Inflected Form(s):plural prod·i·giesEtymology:Middle English, from Latin prodigium omen, monster, from pro-, prod- + -igium (akin to aio I say) — more at adageDate:15th century 1 a: a portentous event : omen b: something extraordinary or inexplicable2 a: an extraordinary, marvelous, or unusual accomplishment, deed, or event b: a highly talented child or youth

I think prodigy is an apt word to describe this highly talented young man.