2006 USA DanceSport Nationals

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Laura, Dec 16, 2005.

1. Laura

Laura New Member

I don't know...Mark gave me a direct URL. If it's not reachable from the forms page, then I'll just leave it unlinked for a while until we get the times fixed. I don't want to introduce any more wrong information into the mix.

2. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

oh I see. Once things are fixed, it would be great to be able to see the link :)

3. Laura

Laura New Member

Yep, but it won't be this week or next...Mark told me how to fix it, but it involves downloading some software which has to run on a PC, and my non-Mac laptop currently has no operating system on it all so it is completely non-functional. Don't worry, I'll get to it. We don't have exact or even firmly estimated start times yet anyway, although 6pm for the evening session is a good bet.

4. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

5. Katarzyna

6. LXC

LXC New Member

good, entry/admission fees are cheaper than last year. i can't believe you guys are already entering though; deadline is 3 months away!

7. skwiggy

skwiggy Well-Known Member

Well if you're sure you're going, and you've even started to make travel plans, why not enter now?

8. Katarzyna

absolutely... I often enter late with paper entries, but when registration is online, it's just so easy.

9. Laura

Laura New Member

PLEASE everyone, remember the times listed at that URL are not correct! DO NOT make travel plans based on them. I don't have time to fix them because I'm leaving in 11 hours for a vacation with my mom.

I'm guesing that the evening sessions will start at 6:00pm, but I can't guarantee that right at this moment.

10. LXC

LXC New Member

i'm all for planning... when it comes to my vacations;)

i hear you, online registration is great. so easy that i can hold off till just before deadline :p

11. LXC

LXC New Member

just realized that there's no early entry deadline. i do remember entering for nationals months in advance last year for the discounted early entry fee.

12. Laura

Laura New Member

There's an entry deadline, though...it's July 11th. I should put that on the main page because otherwise people won't read about it.

From the Rules and Guidelines page:

13. LXC

LXC New Member

the way i read it, july 11 is the deadline because anything after that comes with a late fee. i remember last couple of years there's a pretty early deadline that came with a discount.

i guess we can look at it the other way around, july 11 is the early deadline with $50 discount:)

14. Laura

Laura New Member

I like your interpretation. The more people who get stuff in by July 11th, the better!!!!!!

15. Katarzyna

Do you have to pay by the 12th as well ?

16. Laura

Laura New Member

Yes.

I didn't even realize until last night that the system would let you enter without paying. The system we'd been using before required that you pay before it enters you in anything, and I assumed this one worked the same way! I have a feeling I'll be chasing down people starting July 10th about getting their payments in....

17. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

You *could* just send out a mass e-mail telling everyone to check their payment status and remind them that if payment isn't made by x date that their regs will be cleared.

18. Katarzyna

Just wondering, is there any idea when will Saturday evening session start and end.. Was thinking of catching last flight out of SJC..

19. saludas

saludas New Member

Will you foks be using the 'instant results' PDA system???

20. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Odds are it'll start around 7 and end around 12, if history is any guide.