2009 Mac

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Daphna, Dec 14, 2008.

1. Wait, Joe and Skwiggy won MOSS? I had no idea both of them were DF'ers! Here is a delayed "Hi!"
  2. Laura

Laura New Member

Oh man, how long have you been hangin' out here? Hahhahaha :)
  3. skwiggy

skwiggy Well-Known Member

thanks, Laura :oops:
  4. skwiggy

:cheers:
  5. skwiggy

Great to meet you, Mandicraft! Thanks for all your hard work on such a great event. Hope to see you again soon!
  6. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Dude, we met you at Capital Dancesport in August, LOL. :rolleyes:
  7. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

I remember that get together!

Maybe he was thrown by the fact that skwiggy's real life name isn't skwiggy. ;)
  8. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

Dude, no way : )
  9. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

lol, I didn't expect he doesn't recognize Skwiggy either (even with her beautiful profile pic there). well, late better than never;)
  10. Standarddancer

ok, enough teasing of Cantski;) now looking forward to see some ccp's gorgeous photos:)

also thanks for chris' lineup photo, so far that's my only decent photo of a front view of this new dress
  11. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

There will be LOTS of them, but CCP is in Chicago until Tuesday, and he decided to take the camera with him because he wasn't sure my back would be able to handle hauling a suitcase and camera equipment onto NJ Transit. I'll make sure he starts processing them as soon as he gets home, but it is going to be a few days.

Did I tell you that I won a bottle of champagne for having the closest guess of the final placements for champ standard? Pretty funny. (I wasn't all that close. Got 6th and 5th right, but I had 1st-4th jumbled.)
  12. Standarddancer

Congrats to your winning of champagne! wow didn't know there is such award of guessing placement, good for audience!

wish ccp a good trip in Chicago;) sorry I was so [stupid] at comp didn't recognice you without your latin costume and makeup:( I'm so terrible in recognize people...anyway, so wonderful to see you and thanks in advance for ccp's photos...
  13. sambagirl

sambagirl Member

I really have to make more of an effort to meet fellow DFers at comps -- sounds like I'm missing out on a lot of fun.
  14. Mandicraft

Mandicraft Active Member

I think if I looked at the registration correct for Clover Star, I'll be seeing you there? I'm going down to help out down there in a couple of weeks.
  15. Mandicraft

Mandicraft Active Member

Yeah, this was something new that we did with the VIPs this year for the Adult Championship Latin & Standard events. We thought it was a fun idea. :)
  16. Last night, I recall finding a link for video and photos from MAC 2009 but I cannot find that link anymore. Anyone?
  17. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

A few pages back I posted links (in separate posts) for Champ Standard Final and Semi. Maybe the poster has other videos as well.
  18. Adwiz

Adwiz New Member

It was our first time at MAC and we really enjoyed it. Well run competition, great volunteers, superb dancers, and great audience. Too bad it was so cold outside, but inside it was HOT!
  19. Adwiz, It was good meeting you. I know my partner enjoyed it. But cold? Colder than BC? :)
  20. sambagirl

sambagirl Member

Me too! I enjoyed meeting you too (now that I know who you are from your photo). We're not sure about Snowball (it's not an IDSF comp for Senior Latin), but hope to run into you again soon!