2009 Mac

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Daphna, Dec 14, 2008.

1. njdancegirl

njdancegirl Active Member

Put a few (not so great ones) in my photo album that a friend of mine sent me. Hoping comp photog got some that are better, though if I recall correctly it takes him a while to post.
  2. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

Heh...just looked at the picture again. Going to have to give the boy a little grief about the lack of tan on his hand!
  3. Adwiz

Adwiz New Member

It is indeed. I like Pavel, and have admired his dancing for several years. I found that he ran out of steam at MAC. Had a good start, but by the final he was no longer dancing with the skill one expects from him.
  4. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

those are all Facebook video links right? I don't think any other sites have MAC champ std video or photos. We have to thank Alex Salcianu for recording all rounds of champ and spend his precious time to upload to both facebook and after some people's complaint about audio/video sync, he spent time to upload to youtube too...
  5. Lorelei

Lorelei Member

Yes, BIG THANKS to Alex! Thank you so much for taking your time to film the rounds. And such a great job on filming, too!
  6. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

Another batch went up overnight:

Additions to YOUTH LATIN:
    Adrian Zalewski and Elizabeth Pavlov
    Allen Yevtukhov and Katie Pisarevsky
    Emanuel Shaulov and Susan Ronis
    Sergey Golubtson and Alina Iougai
    Taras Savitskyy and Liya Podokshik
    Landon Anderson and Vashti Reed
    Szymon Szwinge and Victoria Mroz

ADULT PRE-CHAMP STANDARD (starts page 12):
    Miguel Valle and Alina Entin (I like 52614!)
    Charles Shorter and Anna Kordunsky
    Yuan Ren and Miyoung Kim
    Ryan Kenner and Haiwen Chen
    Derek Walker and Jennifer Vestal

Lots more to come...probably not until after the weekend. We are going to NYC to see "Equus" and visit with friends.
  7. sambagirl

sambagirl Member

FYI everyone, the official comp photos by Igor Ofenbakh (you can Google him) are up on phototreflect.
  8. njdancegirl

njdancegirl Active Member

Looks like he only took pics Saturday night and Sunday according to what is there now....anyone know if he was there Friday night and Saturday?
  9. sambagirl

sambagirl Member

I think I remember reading that he was only going to be there Saturday night and Sunday.
  10. Standarddancer

Thanks for Sambagirl mentioning the photoreflect site, yap there are lot of nice photos there too
  11. ChaChaMama

Computer crashed over weekend while we were away, so photos are still not done.

Did get more up, though.

Dancers added:

ADULT CHAMPIONSHIP STANDARD:
    Joe Huesmann and Stacey Friedman
    Derek Walker and Jennifer Vestal
    Vasyl Makarov and Grace Fu
    Alex Spencer and Katarzyna Herink

YOUTH PRE-CHAMP LATIN:
    David Kalenjian and Yuliya Kiperberg
    Adrien Zalewski and Elizabeth Pavlov
    Luis Daniel Catacora and Kennedy Taylor (YAY Atlantic Ballroom!)
    Cezary Dyrda and Sandra Spernacka
    Aiden Mamedov and Melani Bersten
    George Shamis and Ava Donovan
    Myron Shneyder and Mrina Shkuratov
    Daniel Yakubov and Alisa Rybkin

I think that's still just the quarter-final round of adult standard and the semi of youth pre-champ, so I know there are more to come!
  12. Standarddancer

Thanks very much for ccp's beautiful shots! Greatly appreciated!
  13. ChaChaMama

Oh, you are most welcome! And they are finally all up as of tonight. (Still updating the names, though; I'll hopefully get that finished by tomorrow.)
  14. sambagirl

sambagirl Member

Beautiful as always! I'd PMed you to ask if you could shoot a few shots of us doing Senior Latin - guess you didn't have a chance.
  15. ChaChaMama

Yes, I am so sorry to have missed your event! (And not just because then we could have taken photos. I saw you dance at Nationals in Baltimore and you are awesome!)

Had an unfortunate thing happen in the afternoon. My best friend (whom I have known since I was 3) came and watched us compete. She then started feeling very unwell in the early afternoon. So I took her back to our room and we wound up spending a lot more time there than I thought we would. We arrived just as they were doing awards for Adult Championship Rhythm.

Hope to catch you this year at Nationals, if not sooner.
  16. sambagirl

sambagirl Member

Sorry to hear of all the various health issues you've had to deal with. Let's hope everything clears up before Nationals so we can enjoy meeting each other (including CCP).
  17. ChaChaMama

I know--it's been crazy! First CCP's never-ending cough, then my back injury, then my best friend. What the heck? I'm hoping that "Bad things happen in threes" holds true and that we are DONE!
  18. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Is CCP fully recovered now?
  19. sambagirl

sambagirl Member

Yes, I certainly hope all the recent health issues at least are resolved!
  20. ChaChaMama

Yes, thanks for asking. He still does a little bit of coughing, but he doesn't feel terrible like he did for about a month and a half.

Final batch of names:

YOUTH PRE-CHAMP LATIN:
    Igor Smolyanskiy and Karina Strok
    Allen Yevtukhov and Katie Pisarevsky
    Oskar Ploszaj and Claudia Strojek
    Emanuel Shaulov and Susan Ronis

ADULT NOVICE STANDARD:
    Henry Cross and Tamara Mitryakova

ADULT CHAMPIONSHIP STANDARD:
    Kani Liao and Anna Chaldysheva