2009 Mac

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Daphna, Dec 14, 2008.

1. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

Joe--It's up! Go to current registrations and click on yourself.

Now my silly question: if my event is listed as SCR, does that mean we are dancing samba first? I thought it was normally CSR....
  2. Casey

Casey Member

This doesn't answer your qtion CCM because I don't know what the MAC is doing, but IDSF amateurs actually do dance Samba first, then Cha Cha. So on some music CDs, the sambas are first.
  3. sambagirl

sambagirl Member

True, but in the US it's usually ChaCha first at USA Dance competitions.
  4. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

Responses

Hi, for this year you have lucked out, since you are already registered we will not be charging a late fee :grin:. For this year we are only charging a late fee for those individuals/couples who have not registered and we either have to enter them by hand or we will need to register them at the event.

However, starting next year we will be charging a late fee for those individuals/couples who do not pay for their entries by the registration deadline.

See you at the MAC.
  5. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

Hi, we just got word and because the MAC is usually the first USA Dance event of a new year, we are usually the first to have to initiate the new rules, but USA Dance is moving toward the IDSF way of running the Latin events. So while Bronze will stay the same at the MAC and be a two dance event of C/R, Silver, Gold, Novice, Pre-Champ and Champ will all change to S/C/R, S/C/R/J, etc, etc. Samba will be danced first in all levels above Bronze.

An e-mail will be going out from USA Dance and also from the MAC shortly.

PS - the NDCA has agreed to follow suit, not sure when this will go into effect at NDCA comps, but it has been discussed with them.
  6. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

good news, thank you!
  7. Ithink

Ithink Active Member

Well, that's great! However, I am fairly certain that last year we were also charged a late fee even though we registered before the deadline because we paid at the comp. We couldn't figure out how to pay on o2cm last year either. I wanted to ask if this would be the policy this year too but it seems it's not. Hopefully, by next year we'll figure out how to us o2cm to pay for events or you will allow paypal payment, which is much easier!
  8. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

One of the problems may be that your browser security setting is too high. I know that has been a problem for other people.
  9. sambagirl

sambagirl Member

Wow, good to know, since we are dancing Saturday night. Thanks, Daphna! Arlene
  10. Mandicraft

Mandicraft Active Member

If anyone wants to see who the vendors are for the MAC, they are listed under Current Sponsors on the NY USA Dance MAC pages.
  11. njdancegirl

njdancegirl Active Member

Trying to recall, if we are dancing in the session, we don't need to purchase a spectator ticket as well, correct? NDCA rules are stuck in my head...
  12. sambagirl

sambagirl Member

Yes, "Competitor Entries include Ballroom Access" (though only for the session you are competing in), according to the MAC website.
  13. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

Thanks for the clarification! :)
  14. njdancegirl

njdancegirl Active Member

Thank you!
  15. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Yes and no. I can get start times that way, and fortunately for me one event should be finished before the next begins, but since the rounds schedule isn't listed those who may be stuck with interleaved events can't determine that for sure.
  16. Mandicraft

Mandicraft Active Member

Actually if you go to the MAC site, click on Tenative Schedule and then click on the link at the top that says 'Tentative Schedule with event times' you can see the full break-down.
  17. Ithink

Ithink Active Member

That schedule may shrink the champ standard ranks quite a bit... I doubt it'll remain an 1/8 of final now that we know the full schedule.
  18. Mandicraft

Mandicraft Active Member

How come?
  19. Egoist

Egoist Member

Prechamp couples dropping champ. At least those who think dancing 1-2 extra rounds of champ (in addition to the 4 rounds of prechamp) puts their placement in peril.
  20. Mandicraft

Mandicraft Active Member

Ahhh...yeah, I didn't even think about that.