2009 Mac

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Daphna, Dec 14, 2008.

1. Mandicraft

Mandicraft Active Member

Yeah, there shouldn't be an issue with that, the venue is a very nice size and also has a balcony. Stop by and say hi, I'll be the one playing with all the ribbons, medals & scholarships and getting them ready for the judges, or running around the on-deck area getting people ready to go on the floor. It all happens in the same corner, so look for the red head that will probably be really tired by Saturday night...:D
  2. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

Most people in the VIP section won't be getting to the Manhattan Center won't be getting there until 6ish and we will be discussing this issue later tonight. Which would you all prefer - reserved or open seating in the VIP section? :argue:
  3. skwiggy

skwiggy Well-Known Member

On a slightly unrelated note -- is there a plan to better handle getting the crowd up to the ballroom? Last year during the big influx before the evening session, there was such a long line for the overcrowded elevator that I took the stairs while lugging all of my stuff with me. I don't remember how many flights it was, but I remember it was a lot.

Perhaps preference for access to the ballroom can be given first to those people dancing in the session??
  4. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

I kind of liked having reserved seats. Of course, we were spoiled by Bithi, who set us up last year and gave CCP exactly what he wanted. (He likes to sit on what I would describe as the far left side of the stage, so that when dancers are coming down the line of dance, they are facing him...in case anyone is taking notes. :) )

It took a little pressure off the trip, knowing that we had the seats we wanted.

I don't want to be high maintenance, so if assigned seats are more of a pain to the committee, that's fine too. I'm sure we'll have a great time either way.
  5. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

The doors will be open at 2:00 pm and the session starts at 3:30. We have worked with the Manhattan Center to make sure that the doors open on time.
  6. Bailamosdance

Bailamosdance Well-Known Member

It was mentioned a while back that the Latin was to be S/C/R/P/J compared to the 'norma'' C/S/R/P/J, and that we were going to see this announced. Is this true? Is it really S/C/R/P/J?
  7. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

Yes, it really is true, the new Latin order will be S/C/R/P/J.
  8. Mandicraft

Mandicraft Active Member

Yup!
  9. cshorte

cshorte Member

10. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Daphna and Mandicraft for being here to answer questions!!! We really appreciate it.
  11. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

Your welcome, our pleasure
  12. skwiggy

Question regarding costume rules.

In the past costumes have always been permitted for Masters of Syllabus. Someone mentioned she thought she wasn't allowed to wear a costume for this event, so I went to the web site to double check. It only refers you to the USA Dance costume rules, which have been recently revised and don't appear to specifically mention Masters of Syllabus. Soooo, are costumes still allowed for this category?
  13. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

Yes, costumes are allowed for both MOS-Latin and MOS-Standard
  14. skwiggy

Thanks for the confirmation! I'd hate to be all dressed up with no place to go. ;)
  15. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

Is there a final schedule for Mac.. so sorry if that has been asked already. on the site only see when night session starts
  16. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

SOrry I just learned to read and found it on the site :(
  17. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

Better late than never :)
  18. jjs914

jjs914 Active Member

I just want to say that my partner was feeling nervous about having last minute issues with costume regulations, so I emailed the MAC email address to just confirm my costumes were fine. And I had an answer back in under 10 minutes...no joke.

Daphna, you guys are wonderful! Thanks for being so responsive!
  19. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

Thanks for the vote of confidence. We do try to be responsive.
  20. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

Just to confirm make sure I'm looking at the correct place, 1st round champ standard is 9:04 Sat night?