2009 Mac

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Daphna, Dec 14, 2008.

1. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

Correct, first round of Adult Champ Stand is Sat. at 9:04pm
  2. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

Daphna and Mandicraft--You guys rock. I'm really looking forward to being there tomorrow!

Here's my double check: Senior I syllabus people can wear anything they want, correct?
  3. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

Well, not quite everything, you do need to be decent and all the appropriate (or inappropriate depending on your point of view) parts need to be covered. Also if a Senior couple is dancing in an Adult event they need to follow the Adult dress code rules.
  4. BM

BM New Member

We'll be there dancing in the Saturday morning session!
  5. Merrylegs

Merrylegs Well-Known Member

Daphna, I hope they are paying you by the email! You're doing a fantastic job handling all the questions.

Good luck to everyone this weekend!

6. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

Pay, whats pay.
  7. BM

BM New Member

I'll second Daphna on that. Granted, I organised a collegiate comp, but positive feedback was still the most generous payment one could hope to receive. :p
  8. Mandicraft

Mandicraft Active Member

You get paid by getting to hang out with me alllllllll weekend! :)
  9. sambagirl

sambagirl Member

Guys, you have a looooooong weekend -- get off the computers and get some sleep!
  10. Mandicraft

Mandicraft Active Member

Can't yet...I still have scholarship letters to print
  11. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

wow wonderful to have Daphna as regular DFers here, thanks for checking this thread so often and quick response!!!
  12. sambagirl

sambagirl Member

Print away! I got the badges done earlier so I really have no excuse now.
  13. njdancegirl

njdancegirl Active Member

Looking forward to hopefully meeting you all this weekend! Ditto the thanks for all the information, Daphna and Mandicraft!
  14. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

Good luck everyone!
  15. ChaChaMama

Yay! Looking forward to meeting everyone and seeing some great dancing!

Got a massage yesterday (realllly helped with the back!) Hopefully no setbacks between now and Saturday.

CCP is bringing his camera, and I will try to make sure he shoots photos of DFers dancing Friday and Saturday night. (If you are dancing one of those nights and you think I don't know your name, shoot me a PM. I'm leaving at 10:30 AM, though.) It will be a while before he posts them, though, b/c he has a business trip to Chicago right after MAC.
  16. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

Glad to hear your back is feeling a bit better. I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed that you make it pain-free through the weekend. Very much looking forward to reports and pictures...when time allows :).
  17. ChaChaMama

Great news: Cantskiforlife and his partner won Adult Championship Smooth!!!

Adult Latin
    1--Boris and Katrina (I think...did not catch full names.)
    2--Tal Livsh*itz and Vlada Semenova
    3--Jason Dai and Patrycja Golak
    4--Pavel Balykin and Natalia Barantseva
    5--Igor Zabrodin and Nina Estrina
    6--Pasha Stepanchuk and Nadezda Vlasova
    7--Dmitry Nikishkin and Victoriya Kim
    8--Peter Gelzhinsky and Mila Burdan

I thought it was pretty clear who the top 3 were going to be, but unclear what the order would be.

I also felt Peter and Mila should have been placed a bit higher.

On a personal note:
    Having a lot of fun! This is such a great comp.

Got to talk to Mandicraft after the event tonight: wow, she's putting in a ton of hours!!!

A bit bummed about one thing, though: I really thought I'd turned the corner on this whole back injury thing, but there were a few general dances tonight, and my back twinged when I did a fan during the rumba. I'll be able to dance tomorrow, but I might have to take it a little easy on hip rotation. Hopefully a ThemaCare will loosen my muscles up a bit more.
  18. sambanada

sambanada Active Member

any other results?
  19. samina

samina Well-Known Member

good luck everyone!
  20. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

Results for the entire comp will be on line at o2cm by Monday afternoon at the latest.