2009 Mac

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Daphna, Dec 14, 2008.

1. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

An exciting piece of DF news (and I hope she doesn't mind that I spill this): njdancegirl and her partner got second out of forty-one couples in Adult Bronze Standard!!!!!!!! Way to go, njdancegirl!!!!!!!

Oh, and I am also really proud of an undergraduate at the college where I teach; she and her partner WON Adult Gold Standard!!!!!!!

CCP and I got 3rd in Senior I Silver Latin. Back held up okay. Certain kind of movements still hurt. Unfortunately, one of those is doing the fan action in rumba, which comes up all the time...so I felt like I had to kind of fake it. It's not intensely painful, but twingy. Meh. I wish I'd had at least a couple more weeks to recover, but very happy I got to do MAC. Going to try to dance better at Nationals.

Other results...anything in particular you are looking for?

Youth Championship Stnadard
    1--Marek Klepadlo and Angelika Dechnik 1/1/1/1/1
    2--Sergey Golubtson and Alina Iougai 2/2/2/2/2
    3--Edward Golbert and Olivia Wesolowski 4/3/3/4/3
    4--Taras Savitskyy and Liya Podokshik (I think--they weren't in program for this event, but found the number elsewhere in program)
    5--Dawd Piktel and Magda Konopko
    6--Cezary Dyrda and Sandra Spernacka
    [N.B. The 6th place couple was called to the podium right after the event ended. Not sure why?]
  2. ChaChaMama

Adult Championship Smooth
    1--Ryan Kenner and Amanda Pytlik 1/1/1/1
    2--Curtis Prevost and Olga Curd 2/2/2/2
    3--William Liteplo and Efrosyni Iosiphidis 3/3/3/3
    4--Michael Obara and Jayne Pawasauskas
    5--Kurt Lemmer and Mary Lemmer
    6--Michael Creeden and Jessica Spink
  3. ChaChaMama

Senior I Championshp Standard
    1--David Wright
    2--Niklas Manz and Yvonne Manz
    3--Curis Prevost and Olga Curd
    4--John Kotler and Carol Sutter
    5--Markus Oliver Berwing and Annelie Koglmeier
    6--Ted Damianos and Eunmee Damianos
    7--(I think) Robert Renner and Lisa Renner
  4. Chris Stratton

Chris Stratton New Member

Would assume there was a Liva Wright involved, too...
  5. sambanada

sambanada Active Member

thanks so much
  6. Chris Stratton

Chris Stratton New Member

7. Dance4g

Dance4g New Member

:( what about Pasha and Nadya?
  8. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to DF Dance4g!

Nice of you to post results on your first post out...thanks!
  9. sambanada

sambanada Active Member

I wish I was there! It sounds like fun
  10. tangotime

tangotime Well-Known Member

Does it come with fries ? ;)
  11. njdancegirl

njdancegirl Active Member

Hi ChaChaMama! Very nice to finally meet you...sorry it was so brief between me exiting and you hopping on the floor. Very nice latin by the way!

The spill is OK...we had fun and did well in that respect. Had a bit of a wardrobe malfunction (partner) in first round of silver (along with some pretty bad dancing on my part) which knocked us out early, but think w/o those issues, think we could have done pretty well there as well. Next time!

Went Friday night to watch very exciting Champ Latin. Was rooting for Tal and his new partner, who looked great, but also thought the couple who won were excellent...very close in my opinion. She is the teacher who subbed in for Olga for my DD's latin class last Saturday...knew she was good, but didn't realize she was that good!

Congrats to CantSki for Smooth win!

Met Mandicraft (waves) in the on-deck area...she and Daphna and the rest of the volunteers were working round the clock...thank you for an excellent weekend!
  12. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

It was their first time competing and they swept both the pre-champ and the champ. I was like a proud mamma sitting on the stage watching but have a ton of things to yell at him about later. I specifically asked to not be on the champ smooth panel. I just wanted to watch and get a sense of them and the other couples (some I also work with) and how they all fit together.
  13. samina

samina Well-Known Member

what good news! congrats to both njdancegirl & cantski! very happy to hear...
  14. sambagirl

sambagirl Member

Congrats also due to Daphna and the rest of the NY USA Dance team for a beautifully run competition. They really listened to feedback from last year (especially with regard to the size of the women's dressing room) and delivered!
  15. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

How many partners does Cantski have? :shock:
  16. sambagirl

sambagirl Member

And I guess I should toot my own horn: my partner and I repeated as MAC Senior I Latin champs!
  17. YanaA

YanaA New Member

Can anybody share their impressions about amateur standard championship?
  18. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

One, no;)?? what makes you think more than one? Cantski & partner look great!!!
  19. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

One for Smooth and one for Standard!
  20. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

congrats to Cantski and nice to meet you (and other Dfers) again!!! The post comp dinner getting together with some Dfers and friends are awesome!