2009 Mac

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Daphna, Dec 14, 2008.

1. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

good floor; but a lot of couples dropped, don't know why, supposed to be 4 rounds but dropped to 3 rounds. so only maybe about 28 couples??? smaller than last year:( 1st round starting approximately 30 mins ahead of schedule. you should come to watch:) MAC is a good comp with convenient location

2. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

Four of the six finalists were the same as at Big Apple Dancesport last month. I could have guessed five of the six finalists but wasn't sure who would get the sixth spot. Andrew and Angelica won Big Apple but weren't there last night. I thought Janis and Samantha would win but I wasn't sure how the other placements would go. I think it was the first time I saw Vladislav and Milena and I enjoyed their dancing. Also enjoyed the DFers Kani and Anya, Kat and Alex, and Joe and Skwiggy all of whom made the semis. Enjoyed Grace too!

3. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

When was the DF get together? I hadn't heard about it.

4. sambagirl

sambagirl Member

Me neither -- but I guess no one knows who I am!

5. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

Also enjoyed Miguel and Alina in the Pre-Champ.

6. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

not a formal one though, just friends getting together to eat at the dinner downstairs, last minute decision, we were notified last min, just happened to meet some Dfers there, totally not pre-arranged. but anyway, you left before awards, no?

7. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

I left right after awards for Amateur Standard. Would have stayed if I knew of something going on but you already mentioned it was not pre-planned.

8. sambagirl

sambagirl Member

I wish I could have met people in person, but I guess I'll have to wait til next time.

9. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

congrats sambagirl!

10. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

11. sambagirl

sambagirl Member

Thanks! It was definitely thrilling for us. I was also happy to see my favorite male youth dancer, Jason Dai, together with his partner, Patrycja Golak, win Youth Champ Latin (as well as coming in 3rd in Adult Champ Latin)

12. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

He has 2 am partners, one standard and the new one for smooth. I do pro-am with him for both smooth and standard.

13. njdancegirl

njdancegirl Active Member

I've danced against his smooth partner in pro/am latin..she's a very good latin dancer, but had no idea she danced smooth, let alone was as good as she is. Congrats again!

14. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

She used to do pro-am smooth too. This was her first time out doing am anything.

15. YanaA

YanaA New Member

Thanks for posting the video,gary.

16. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

17. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

18. Wow, I really need to get back on these forums.... Took too much time off.

Thanks for all the congrats.

Standard partner and I placed 5th in pre-champ. Dancing was ok. Not too thrilled with personal goals in either category. Videos do wonders to ground you in reality. :)

19. Mandicraft

Mandicraft Active Member

It was nice to meet you njdancegirl! Thanks for saying hi, it's always fun to meet people from DF. Congrats on doing so well! I met Skwiggy on Saturday night, her and Joe won Masters of Syllabus Standard, that was definitely cool to see! :)

It was a long but very fun three days! I hope everyone that attended enjoyed themselves and everyone that didn't will join us next year. If anyone has any feedback, we would always appreciate it. Such as things you liked, things you didn't, etc...feel free to either post them in here or PM me. Thanks!

20. Laura

Laura New Member

Oh that's awesome! (Both meeting Skwiggy, who is a truly lovely person, and that she & Joe won MOSS!!!!)