2011 DF Silent Auction!!!

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by SDsalsaguy, Oct 22, 2011.

1. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to the 2011 DF Silent Auction!!!

As many of you know DF hosts an auction at the end of each calendar year to help offset some of the many costs of our continued growth and activity. Our continuing expansion, upgrades, and improvement are certainly a result of our members’ ongoing participation and contributions, and we are proud of DF’s long standing site traffic and participation. Prices of our ongoing success, however, include the ongoing expenses for hosting, as well as the need to pay for outside programming help as needed from time to time. As such, occasional fund raisers (such as our annual auction) represent an opportunity for members and supporters to contribute to paying for our monthly hosting charges, software upgrades, and programming assistance.

Those who were here for the 2008-2010 DF Silent Auctions know that we have our very own automated auction system! You can start donating items now, including uploading pictures, and we will be accepting item donations through December 5th. You can then make bids Decemer 1st through December 15th.

PLEASE NOTE: donated items do not have to be dance related!!! All that matters is that it is something you are willing to donate to help support DF, be it dance shoes, an old lamp, a batch of cookies, an hour of your time, or whatever else you're willing to contribute! Again, any and all auction "item" donations can be made through Dec. 5, with bids to be placed Dec. 1-15.

Donations and bids can be placed here: Dance-Forums Auction

Also please note that "Price" = minimum bid, NOT the actual value!!! (In other words, if you put the actual value, it may not get any bids!)
  2. SDsalsaguy

Awesome donation Max; thanks for getting us started this year!
  3. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

let me put in a plug for Max's generous offer...I was the lucky winner of that offer last year...and what I recieved was a thoroughly comprehensive, immensely helpful analysis of my dancing...
  4. madmaximus

madmaximus Well-Known Member

Fasc, SD,
    Thank you! I hope it can benefit another dancer out there---and help DF at the same time.

m
  5. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Yet more proof that you, max, are indeed, a gentleman and a scholar. :notworth:
  6. wooh

wooh Well-Known Member

I imagine Max doesn't always drink beer, but when he does, he prefers Dos Equis. :)
  7. flashdance

flashdance Active Member

Fasc, I could sum your dancing up in two words :p Very generous offer Mr M :)

Anyways, I am busy routing for things to add to the DF list this year :)
  8. Debra

Debra Member

SDSalsaguy-will there be an option to make a donation rather than bidding on an item? Thanks for taking on this enormous task yet again.
  9. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

i would like to put a bid in for a couple of hours of silence. Any offers?
  10. flashdance

flashdance Active Member

Added a couple of things. Cat lovers - best get your paws ready :D
  11. pygmalion

Just want the bakers here to know that, since last year's auction, I have enjoyed many a loaf of challah ... with raisins ... purchased at a local Central Market (similar to Whole Foods, but not as healthy.) So no. I wasn't imagining things. :tongue:

Will ponder what I can contribute. Can you just give money?
  12. SDsalsaguy

We can always accept donations! :bouncy:
  13. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

heh...
  14. laucy.my

laucy.my Active Member

I'd like to donate my time to do something. But what?
  15. pygmalion

I couldn't find a donate button or link at the auction site.
  16. SDsalsaguy

If you mean for cash donations, than no, that will probably go up when bidding actually starts. Alternatively, feel free to contact me via PM if you want to donate before then for any reason.
  17. pygmalion

Okay. That's fine. I can wait. For me, cash works best. No muss. No fuss. And I know what DF will be getting. In the past, I've donated gift cards, which are basically money, and had DF receive a fraction of the money in return. That doesn't make sense to me.

Not putting down in kind donations. Whatever works, works. :)
  18. SDsalsaguy

Minor update to donation date (donations can now be made through Dec. 5th). Would really appreciate all the help that you can all provide -- and remember, donated items do NOT have to be dance related!!!

[Translation: I miss seeing all the different varieties of cookies DFers used to put up for auction!]
  19. flashdance

flashdance Active Member

Oh gawd, cookies! I had some shipped over last year by 'etp' and they were gorgeous :D
  20. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

I hear you. This year, I should be able to do this; last year was not. Will ponder and decide on varieties. Am willing to entertain begging <koff> requests...