2011 DF Silent Auction!!!

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by SDsalsaguy, Oct 22, 2011.

1. samina

samina Well-Known Member

LG... I had them deleted so I could re-offer them with a different minimum bid (clearly I am auction-challenged and I didn't know what was supposed to go in the "$" field when submitting my donation...and I had it set at $25, which surely scared some otherwise potentially hungry whoopie pie-lover away :tongue:).

I've added the whoopie pies again...so bid away! :)

2. Subliminal

Subliminal Well-Known Member

Sweet mother of... something. Someone really wants the lime sugar cookies!

3. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

As I'd noted from the outset, donated items did not have to be dance related... and cookies seem to have been among our "best seller" items the past couple of years! :D

4. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

yea...I gave up

5. flashdance

flashdance Active Member

You'll need to sell a dress to afford them at this rate :cool: (still can't believe how much I bid! Oh well, going to a good cause :D )

6. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

:shock:

Well, they *are* The Best Cookies In The World, or so I'm told. What I don't understand is why the Drop Dead Delish triple-chocolate cookies aren't bid up -- yet. They are the most insanely wonderful chocolate cookies I've ever had; I only make them when I can get rid of them, b/c I'll eat the whole batch.

Just sayin'. ;)

7. j_alexandra

BTW, I have bidded on Samina's Whoopie Pies. They just sound so PERFECT.

8. flashdance

flashdance Active Member

Drat! Someone has outbid me on two of the cookie auctions. I'll stick with the lime cookies methinks! There is a conspiracy! /shakes fist

9. samina

samina Well-Known Member

yay! you will enjoy them, i know it. :)

10. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

better lime cookies than lime green socksies

11. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

dang....I've been outbid??

12. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

rotfl! Ain't that the truth.

ETA: I wonder what ever happened to Sabor.

13. j_alexandra

You can up the ante, of course. Challenge me...

14. singndance

singndance Well-Known Member

Well, I am feeling happy that I have bids on my chocolate chip cookies, but a little sad that they are not getting anywhere near the attention of the others....oh, well, but I can assure you, they are delish. Quite legendary around my home town -- people beg my mom for these. And I was quite wrong about the quantity....Mom assures me that a batch is really closer to two dozen, so bidders will definitely get more than what I described in the bid.

But I am going to try again for Samina's woopie pies!

15. pygmalion

Hmm. Intriguing. :raisebro:

16. pygmalion

Ha! I bid on your cookies. Now. A word to the wise. Step Away from the oatmeal raisin cookies AND the chocolate chip cookies. Just sayin. :rolleyes: :p

17. pygmalion

I've been battling myself about whether or not to say this. So, if I come across as obnoxious (not the goal,) please forgive me.

I don't see bidding as buying a widget (or cookie or DVD.) I see bidding as placing a price on how much participation in DF is worth to me. And, while we're on the topic, it is quite possible to pay a lot more than twenty or thirty or forty bucks for a batch of cookies. I've done it myself.

Bid high and bid often... as long as you step away from "my" cookies. :wink: :lol:

18. singndance

singndance Well-Known Member

Yes, I think you are right! That's why I set my opening bid high....this is a nice forum and it is worth it.....But the cookies still will be DELICIOUS!!!!

19. samina

samina Well-Known Member

go for it, S'nD :)

20. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

not obnoxious...but my guess is that most folks share that view...some will bid regardless...others will simply make a donation after a certain point...whatever folks chose, it is all appreciated...and DF appreciates that no t eveyone can bid to the value that df may be in teir lives as well