2011 NDCA Amateur Championships - Provo, Utah

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by W/T/FT/VW, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Casayoto

Casayoto Member

That can happen. Judges don't always have the best handwriting, and sometimes the scrutineer has to go with what they think is written down. If the couple that didn't dance was still in the system, and the number the judge wrote looked like that number, they could get recalls in absentia. Probably not enough of them to make it to the next round though. ;)

2. sambanada

sambanada Active Member

I am sure that can happen. However, when 2 judges make the same mistake, that raises some eyebrows. :)

3. Casayoto

Casayoto Member

I had a friend at a comp once who got called back in a dance that he didn't compete in. He did American Cha Cha, but not Swing, but got called back in Swing. We assumed they messed up and called back the Swing people for Cha Cha and vice versa.

4. Cedrick

Cedrick New Member

Hi All,
    New in this forum and found I missed Provo 2011 NDCA amateur championships :(
    I have read the replies and even checked the results but if some one upload some pictures of this event I will be great full.
    Thanks in advance for any inputs.

5. sambanada

sambanada Active Member

some videos available on youtube

6. Parker Lynn

Parker Lynn Member

The scoresheet system is different at NDCA Nationals than other competitions (except final rounds). The judges have all the numbers of the competitors on a score sheet and they circle the ones they want called back. With that it can be easier to make a mistake, especially when there can be 60+ couples in a single event with similar numbers.