2012 DF Silent Auction!

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by SDsalsaguy, Oct 30, 2012.

1. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to the 2012 DF Silent Auction!!!

As many of you know DF hosts an auction at the end of each calendar year to help offset some of the many costs of our continued growth and activity. Our continuing expansion, upgrades, and improvement are certainly a result of our members’ ongoing participation and contributions, and we are proud of DF’s long standing site traffic and participation. Prices of our ongoing success, however, include the ongoing expenses for hosting, as well as the need to pay for outside programming help as needed from time to time. As such, occasional fund raisers (such as our annual auction) represent an opportunity for members and supporters to contribute to paying for our monthly hosting charges, software upgrades, and programming assistance.

Those who were here for the 2008-2011 DF Silent Auctions know that we have our very own automated auction system! You can start donating items now, including uploading pictures, and we will be accepting item donations through November 30th. You can then make bids November 20th through December 15th.

PLEASE NOTE: donated items do not have to be dance related!!! All that matters is that it is something you are willing to donate to help support DF, be it dance shoes, an old lamp, a batch of cookies, an hour of your time, or whatever else you're willing to contribute! Again, any and all auction "item" donations can be made through Nov. 30, with bids to be placed Nov. 20 - Dec. 15.

Donations and bids can be placed here: Dance-Forums Auction

Also please note that "Price" = minimum bid, NOT the actual value!!! (In other words, if you put the actual value, it may not get any bids!)

2. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Glad to see the thread. Somewhat startled that nobody's donated anything (i.e. COOKIES) yet. *grin*

3. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

ok, pygmalion, be it that i am not home YET, i will bake and ship two dozen cookies, i just have not decided what kind' possibly a mixed bag per say. will decide once i am home.

4. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

There you go, pygmalion.

pygmalion likes this.
  5. samina

samina Well-Known Member

Cool, 'tis the season again! I posted two items from my own kitchen. :)

6. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

I'll be posting stuff...once I figure out a price and how to actually, you know, post it.

7. samina

samina Well-Known Member

I think I forgot to post a price for the whoopie pies...? Dunno...nothing shows up on my end. I know I set one for the brownies... What shows up for others on the list?

8. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Dunno. I'm pretty sure I posted something, but I don't see it.

9. samina

samina Well-Known Member

I see your offering of an assortment of canned goods...no price, though. Maybe that doesn't show up at first, until we're able to bid?

10. pygmalion

I don't see prices or pictures (except for the whoopie pies, which I think are linked to an old picture in DF) I do, however, see a boatload of stuff I'd love to chow down on. *grin*

11. 3wishes

I'll offer Brownie Crackle Top Cookies, two dozen. Gotta get into that software for auction though.

12. SDsalsaguy

Thanks to those who have offered donations so far... but I think much more yumminess (and all other sorts of items) are still needed to support the cause (or the addiction as some see it)! ;)

samina likes this.
  13. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

<koff> Now that much of the hurricane cleanup is done, well, I can turn my mind to other, more mundane things. Will contemplate baked offerings. Or is this the Year of the Truffle? Decisions, decisions.

3wishes likes this.
  14. SDsalsaguy

lol - yep, definitely a weighty decision that j_a!

(And obviously for those still dealing with the aftermath of Sandy, either directly or via friends and family, the auction shouldn't even be on your radar -- take care of yourselves and your loved ones and DF will still be here afterwards)

15. pygmalion

Either way I win.

I'm glad that much of your hurricane cleanup is done, btw. I was really scared, for those couple of days when you were missing from DF.

And now. On to discussing MY truffles. *grin*

16. 3wishes

I'll give JA a run for her money! LOL, snicker...not doodle. HA! and the comic returns. Glad your ok as well.

j_alexandra likes this.
  17. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

You throwing the gauntlet? Samina did that last year, and look how *that* turned out.

Deliciously!
    :)

samina likes this.
  18. pygmalion

Road trip! *grin*

19. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

I thought my offering lime-based cookies already counted as throwing down the gauntlet. I could add a batch of truffles too, if you like. ;)

20. samina

samina Well-Known Member

Jude, before you go further down that path... there is no way to compete with JA's "Limies"...simply no way. Just sayin'.

Sorry, dude, but smaller bubbles are less painful to burst. :)

Don't know about her truffles, but she's established a rep I respect at this point, so careful which swords you take up, lolz.