2012 DF Silent Auction!

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by SDsalsaguy, Oct 30, 2012.

1. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

Hee! I'm thirty-five exactly, actually. And in Alabama. Alas, I think it's just not meant to be. ;-)

2. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

Le sigh. Oh, well, back to baking. and dancing.

3. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

I need to hear more about these limeys. How do these compare to lemon bars? Because I love lemon bars. It took every ounce of willpower I had not to buy an oversized lemon bar at the North Market at OSB. But you know...if I HAD to bid on something like that to help a good cause...I mean, that's a totally different situation, isn't it? ;)

4. j_alexandra

Think "the best sugar cookie I've ever had" and then add lime to it. That's a limey.

5. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

STEP AWAY from the cookies and nobody gets hurt.

6. samina

samina Well-Known Member

"The way Fruit Loops taste in heaven..."

Remarkable cookies. I'd like to enjoy them again... :)

j_alexandra likes this.
  7. j_alexandra

<coffeescreen> Sami, that description was worth its weight in Limeys. If you don't win the auction, We'll Talk.

samina likes this.
  8. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

10 more days to add donations!

However... the bidding has commenced!!!

9. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

a word of caution, when you bid, it might take you to a prompt that says your bid didn't work....before you bid again, go back and check to see if it went through because, it worked for me even though it said it didn't...

10. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

And while mine aren't actually limies, they are butter cookies with gobs of citrus zest and lime juice, cornmeal for texture, pressed in sugar and pistachios and coated with a lime, sugar and tequila glaze. (I'll leave the tequila out if the winner prefers them sans alchohol.)

Since I did a turrible job of writing a description of them in the auction listing.

11. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Too funny! :p

12. pygmalion

In the interest of justice, I would like to point out the unfairness of the fact that home-canned goods were MY IDEA and some unknown character or characters are bidding up the price. Just sayin.

3wishes likes this.
  13. samina

samina Well-Known Member

JA, your Limeys are worth an annual splurge. Others will have to be willing to cough up if they want them...

14. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Can't quote ATM, but yes, Pyg was the inspiration for the canned goods.

And I would like to point out that there are TWO lots of canned goods up for auction (slight difference between them). The second lot has no bids currently.

Just sayin.

15. SDsalsaguy

Are you sure about that? ;)

16. pygmalion

All right, now. The smackdown is ON! lol.

17. SDsalsaguy

Nine more days to donate items to the 2012 auction. From food to dance-related items, please help support DF! :)

18. pygmalion

I don't think I mentioned it in this year's thread, yet. People who are not inclined to donate items or bid on items can always make a cash donation. Just sayin.

19. SDsalsaguy

Hey, who stole "my" brownies? :p

20. pygmalion

Says the man who bid on "my" canned goods. :rolleyes: