2012 DF Silent Auction!

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by SDsalsaguy, Oct 30, 2012.

1. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

My countdown says 13 hours and 56 minutes, but you only posted that 12 minutes ago? Does that mean some people get longer to bid?
  2. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

It shouldn't! My countdown shows 14 hours & 7 minutes -- let me flag this to tech!
  3. SDsalsaguy

Hmmm, looks like the countdown on top is automatically adjusting for time-zones, which shouldn't be the case. I have passed this along, and hopefully it will get straightened out by this afternoon.

In any case though, support the habit! ;)
  4. hereKittyKitty

hereKittyKitty Administrator Staff Member

It should end at the same time for everyone. I have sent over a message and hope to have this resolved shortly.
  5. SDsalsaguy

Thanks for getting on this so quickly hkk! Most appreciated, as always :)

I forget, it closes at 11:59pm on the 15th in which time zone?

Edit: lol - I was so busy paying attention to the mismatch in hours I hadn't even noticed that we were missing a day. :oops:
  6. samina

samina Well-Known Member

The clock is showing 1 day, 11 hours and some change. I think someone corrected it. :)
  7. hereKittyKitty

I see the same.
  8. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

I just made a batch of gingersnaps, just 'cos. The assembled throngs screamed with joy, swooned, threw roses and their underwear. I think SOMEONE SHOULD BID THEM UP b/c a fresh batch will be dispatched pronto to the lucky winner.

The Limeys and Pound Cake are impressive, too. But grown men have fallen to their knees after tasting the gingersnaps.

FYI, I have not yet received any offers of marriage, indecent liaisons, or just good friendships on the basis of the baked goods, so y'all might as well bid them up.
    pygmalion likes this.
  9. SDsalsaguy

The ginigersnaps have more bids on them than any other item j_a. Clearly people here appreciate them! (And I, personally, might consider offers of marriage, indecent liaisons, or just good friendships on the basis of said gingersnaps. ;))
  10. samina

samina Well-Known Member

...indecent liaisons and the throwing of roses & underwear...hmmm....

I've had those gingers on my mind several times today. I must say, battle for them will be keen. Thanks for lending fresh inspiration to the venture, JA. :)(
  11. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

Also, out of curiosity, is there a particular reason it ends at 12:19 am (EST) tomorrow?
  12. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

ok, yesterday, my auction banner at the top of page read "15 hours, some odd minutes, seconds" etc....allllll day yesterday, today it literally still says the same thing...but hey....more time for BAKING right JA?
  13. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

I think the auction closes at midnight Pacific tonight, right?
  14. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

well, the ingredients are staged, I'm going walking this cold morning sans the skiing that I COULD do, for one lucky soul to get this pkg. THEN the oven will be heating up...DH is staring....ohhh nooooo DO NOT TOUCH THAT, PUT THAT DOWN...heading out to do battle in the kitchen~!
  15. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

I just entered my bid for one of the baked goods, and at first it looked like my bid didn't go through. Things were about to get ugly around here! But mwahaha, I am in the system now.
  16. hereKittyKitty

I think eastern. Its ticking down the server time. Right now its showing 7 hours 47 minutes and its 1:30 pacific time here so that would put it around 9 pm pacific.
  17. hereKittyKitty

What happened? Did you get a blank screen? We had that issue a few weeks ago but I was told it was fixed.
  18. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

The first time, it said my bid amount wasn't valid because I just put something like $40 instead of 40.00.

The second time, it looked like I'd lost the internet altogether.

But I came back on, and I am the highest bidder for that item (so far), so I guess it went through!
  19. SDsalsaguy

Never got fixed for me, but didn't really bother me since I knew to just hit the DF logo in the top left corner.
  20. SDsalsaguy

Quick follow up: just under 5 hours to go, and still a few items on page two without any bids... hint, hint, hint! ;)