2012 DF Silent Auction!

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by SDsalsaguy, Oct 30, 2012.

1. hereKittyKitty

hereKittyKitty Administrator Staff Member

o_O Okay everyone, just follow what SD and ChaChaMama said. I don't have anyone who can take a look at it right now but this will be fixed!
  2. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

I just bid on another item (which was on that second page SD mentioned) and it again gave me a "This page cannot be displayed." But when I got back on D-F, I was showing as the high bidder for that item.
  3. hereKittyKitty

20 minutes left!
  4. hereKittyKitty

Thank you for letting us know. We will be testing to make sure all is good for next year.
  5. raindance

raindance Active Member

Hmm, your post was 8 minutes ago, but I tried to click on the auction and it looks like it is already closed? I was going to do one last check on items in the last 10 minutes (counter said there were 12 minutes left when I clicked), but looks like I missed it.

How do we find out if we won any items we were bidding on?
  6. hereKittyKitty

Thank you everyone for participating! We will be contacting the winners shortly and if anyone thinks they may have missed out on something please let me know.
  7. hereKittyKitty

I apologize that this happened. It may have been something with the server. But it is now past 9 pacific time so it makes sense that it ended 25 minutes ago as that was the scheduled time.
    One reason we are doing this auction is to make some improvements to the hosting situation because we have had some slowness and some blips. So hopefully next year there wont be any problems with the countdown clock.
  8. flashdance

flashdance Active Member

ooooh think I won something!! (can't remember what I bid on but it would have been food related! lol )

:D
    Purr likes this.
  9. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

well, let me just say, whoever "won" my crackle top brownies better PM me or something, cause my family is entirely irritated that I'm baking for "someone else and mailing it to boot" and not for them.....oven at the ready! Thanks for bidding. (and to a DF-er who was sitting behind me at the Christmas showcase last night - with her TABLET IN HAND, bidding last minute on DF during the showcase...you traitor you...."Samina" offering was on her mind,
    DRAT! Hope you won the bid, you lovely traitor!
    samina and pygmalion like this.
  10. samina

samina Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure the DF admins will email the winners to let them know who they are, and for payment, and then you'll get a PM to coordinate shipping, etc.

I have a feeling the goodies I wanted were taken over by others at the 11th hour -- I got busy with something and missed the final crunch! Alas...
  11. hereKittyKitty

Sending Pms Right Now :)
    samina likes this.
  12. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Not directed at you, sami.

I would like to point out that, for non-winners who want to support DF, there is always an opportunity to make a financial contribution. DF is worth paying for, IMO, even if cookies aren't involved. (Cookie blasphemy. I know. :D )

And no, I didn't steal your stuff out from under you at the last minute. Honest.
  13. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

Well, I put in a $20 bid on my own cookies last night. The idea of them going for less than the cost of ingredients plus shipping seemed fairly pointless to me, and that it'd make more sense for me to just make a donation to Dance Forums and have one fewer thing to bake.

Suffice it to say, I won the bidding on my own item. If anyone who missed out on winning an item would like to make an after-the-last-minute $21 bid on them, they're yours. (First come, first serve.) If not, DF still gets their donation, and goodness knows that it's not as if I have a shortage of people to bake for. So it'll work out either way.
  14. pygmalion

Sorry to hear that things worked out that way, Jude.

Yep. The whole cookie thing is so much fun and the source of much enjoyable trash talking. But it's not cheap, something I realized when I won two sets of cookies last year. By the time you bake the cookies and ship them, that's a lotta cash out of pocket, but not necessarily for DF.

Reminds me of the year I donated Showtime Dance Shoe gift certificates that went for about half their face value. IIRC, the year I donated Amazon gift certificates, something similar happened. *sigh*

That and the fact that I couldn't decide which of my friends' stuff to bid on is the reason I decided to go with a cash donation this year.
  15. JudeMorrigan

The trash-talking seems rather pointless now. I'm not going to lie: while it was mostly a matter of finacial sense, part of the reason I bid on my own item was that until I did, it was going for something like a quarter of what most of the other food items were going for. I'm not entirely sure if that was a function of my being relatively new here or my ability to descibe my baked goods not matching the baked goods themselves or what. But I am, quite regretably, not above the occassional bout of pique. Alas.
  16. pygmalion

I'm sorry. *hug*
  17. samina

samina Well-Known Member

Am delighted to have ended up with JA's famous Limeys again. Worth every penny.

Jude, don't feel bad...no one bid for my Whoopie Pies above the benchmark I determined they'd be worth the hours to make. So, I won't offer them again. But mebbe, for next year, you can scrounge up a recipe that no one will be able to resist..even with JA's goodies around. :)
  18. pygmalion

Oh hell. I'll pledge $21. Bake me some cookies, Jude. :)
  19. JudeMorrigan

Sold! To the lovely lady from, err, wherever it is you actually hail from, Pygmalion. :)

And as far as it goes, I think maybe I'll cheat next year, samina. Barring financial catastrophe, I mean to go to Ohio in 2013. Possibly I'll provide some baked goods for the DF booth, so y'all will know what I'm offering.
    samina likes this.
  20. pygmalion

What a good sport. You totally rock! :)