2012 DF Silent Auction!

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by SDsalsaguy, Oct 30, 2012.

1. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

I wouldn't assume that this one wasn't profitable...that not everyone is posting about what they bid and all that is really no reflection of how the event ran....we are very pleased and grateful....there is a silent presence on this forum that is deeply appreciated
  2. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

I wasn't even beginning to suggest that this auction wasn't profitable. I was responding tho the conversational thread about donating items at a loss and suggesting that there are other models in which that isn't necessary.

That's why my post ended up with a comment about what a community of nice people we are. Nice and generous too. :cool:
  3. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Next year I'm donating jewelry items to the auction (sorry, I didn't think of it this year). I was thinking along the lines of Christmas earrings. Ideas are Christmas trees in either crystal, crystal AB, erinite, fern, or volcano. The crystal ab trees are especially nice. Another idea is a snowman, with top hat, either in crystal, crystal ab or white. Or there's presents with bows.

I could also experiment with a few other of my nicer jewelry designs.

Everything is easy to make, and doesn't cost much either. I really need to get on the ball next year.
  4. fascination

I did not take it as a negative and I did of course note your nice comment...I just wanted to provide clarity where I thought(perhaps mistakenly) there may have been a misconception
  5. fascination

it was bad timing for me to donate as i usually do,so i just bid this year, but I anticipate having a number of things to donate next year, unless my planned ballroom garage sale is successful beyond measure
  6. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

The Christmas spirit has kind of eluded me this year. I've went through the motions. The tree is up, the house is decorated, although not as much as in year's past, office door is decorated, Christms cards are mailed, and I'm in dispersement mode for Christmas gifts, either by mail or hand delivery. But I'm just not feeling it.

I feel bad that I dropped the ball and should have donated something this year. All I did was bid. But next year it will be better.
    hereKittyKitty and fascination like this.
  7. pygmalion

Oh my goodness!!!! Jude's cookies are out of this world! Just the right combination of tart and sweet. Fresh. I mean yummy fresh days after being made. Perfect.

It's so funny. They got here yesterday and DS had a class party today, so I said, "DS, why not take some of these to share with your class?" "No, Mom. I'm going to eat them." "But DS. They're delicious and there are only two of us." "No, Mom. I'm going to eat them." "But DS. The alternative is to take a sad old bag of chips. Don't you care about your friends?" "I don't care Mom, I'm going to eat them." "But DS!" DS: Chomp, chomp, chomp. He was eating them.

They are SOOOOOO good!
    Purr, JudeMorrigan and danceronice like this.
  8. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

Glad you're enjoying them!
  9. pygmalion

Oh my goodness yes!

I overruled DS and took some of the remaining cookies with me to work yesterday. Some friends had a little chip and dip/snack table laid out, so I shared a few of the cookies. (DS and I really would not be able to eat all of them before they got stale.)

Oh my goodness! You got so many compliments, Jude! Well-deserved, of course. "They smell so good!" "Wow. They're delicious!" "Do you have the recipe?" "Can i take one home for my Mom/husband/child to try?" "You've got to get him to make these again." "I love the citrus taste/smell!" "They look gorgeous!" "I usually don't even eat sweets, but these are wonderful!" "That guy is a great baker!" And so on.

Short story: The cookies were a hit, not just with me and DS but with several others.
  10. singndance

singndance Well-Known Member

Happy Day! My postman just arrived with the most beautiful batch of ginger snap cookies!! Just the right texture - a little crisp around the edges and moist and chewy in the center. And the crystallized ginger gives them a good punch! Enjoying them now with my tea. Thanks, JA!!!
  11. pygmalion

I wasn't going to mention it but since you MADE me (lol) Jude sent me some bonus ginger cookies as well. Oh! My! Goodness! :)

Just sayin.
    singndance likes this.
  12. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

Wow, they got there in record time, and so glad to hear the texture survived shipping. Enjoy them in good health.
    samina and singndance like this.
  13. singndance

These things are freakin' addictive!!
    pygmalion and j_alexandra like this.
  14. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

Ah. <dusts hands> My work is done, here.
  15. pygmalion

She makes a wicked good cookie, doesn't she? ;)
  16. singndance

At this rate the batch will not last until my company comes on Christmas day!
  17. flashdance

flashdance Active Member

Goodie Bag on its way to the lucky winner!

I thought I'd won something on the DF Auctions! boooohooo! Oh well, probably better for my waist line :eek:
    Purr likes this.
  18. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

Bangles are done and will be on their way once I have an address to send them to!

And jude, I'm sad I didn't get the cookies now, I think I was next highest bidder.
  19. pygmalion

Yes. They *were* really, really good. Every last one of them is gone baby gone. (Something to keep in mind for next year.) The texture was perfect and they were just the right combination of sweet and tart. And they were pretty. So yummy. There are a dozen women here in DFW wanting to commission a special batch, just for us. Seriously. That's how good they were.
    JudeMorrigan and j_alexandra like this.
  20. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

Now I feel guilty. You're going to be at the NQE in Bethesda, right? Maybe I could save you some cookies if you could save me a waltz (assuming there's general dancing at some point during a session neither of us is competing in.) :D
    pygmalion likes this.