2013 MAC

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Daphna, Sep 23, 2012.

1. muyv

muyv Member

Do you have to pass the ticket checking point before you can get to the practice floor, change room or the vendors? Wondering if I could get there earlier in the afternoon to warm up/prepare before the evening session starts.

2. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

Since this is a new space for us not yet sure where registration will be going, so can't really answer your question. But you can get to the practice floor without going through the ballroom.

3. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

Good Luck to everyone at MAC!!! I hope the new space turns out to be wonderful!!

4. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

Indeed, have fun storming the dance competition, all!

5. ACtenDance

ACtenDance Active Member

Don't forget to wash your hands often! I'm seeing a lot of facebook posts by people going to MAC who are sick...

6. Jananananana

Jananananana Active Member

Let's make that: If you are sick, don't go to the MAC. There will be other competitions.

Larinda McRaven and stash like this.
  7. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

We stayed home this weekend for exactly that reason: CCP has been battling bronchitis for almost 3 months (though I think he's finally turning the corner) and CCC came down with a stomach bug on Thursday. I'm 99% sure CCP isn't contagious anymore, but I also think the trip might be too exhausting for him in his rundown state (especially since it is hard to resist staying up until 1 or 2 AM at MAC.)

I think we've gone to every MAC since 2006, so we sure would love to hear reports from people who are there, esp. on champ latin and standard, youth-senior. I know results will be posted, but would love to hear first-hand reports from anyone who has anything to say about new partnerships, who looks improved, interesting costumes...all that good stuff!

Best wishes to all who are competing!!! (And to all who are organizing, volunteering, and getting stuff done behind the scenes!!!)

8. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

A picture from MAC (practice room, people in silhouette) is one of the Guardian's pictures from yesterday. Cool.

9. Milen

Milen Member

10. Bailamosdance

Bailamosdance Well-Known Member

A few things to mention - the venue is beautiful - we were watching a heat and in the distance out the windows a yacht drifted by... As always everyone at the comp was gracious and welcoming. Parking is awesome, and altho the flooring has an unusual 'valley' in one corner (and short on the short side) it was very nice. Sizing was more intimate than Hammerstein Ballroom (more hotel comp style this year) but Friday night was fun, with everyone cheerful and cheering.

11. scotttocs

scotttocs Member

We all miss you here!!! Speaking for the entire team gathered around the registration desk.

ChaChaMama likes this.
  12. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

Thanks for the kind words and CCM we miss you here, your presence is truly lacking.

ChaChaMama and Bailamosdance like this.
  13. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

Wish I'd been able to volunteer this year. Oh, well. Next year.

14. Bailamosdance

Bailamosdance Well-Known Member

Can a flash be used on cameras in the ballroom?

15. syncopationator

syncopationator Active Member

So apparently there was some TV coverage (and I was in it), but no idea where I may find it. Does anyone know what TV channel was covering it and if a video may be floating around?

smidra86 likes this.
  16. smidra86

smidra86 Active Member

17. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

Any results?

18. smidra86

smidra86 Active Member

o2cm already has the results up same day. Check the site.

19. dlliba10

dlliba10 Well-Known Member

One* of your new dresses. :)

smidra86 likes this.
  20. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

So, if you went, what did you think of the new venue?

Is this the ongoing venue, or will they be back to Manhattan Center next year?