2013 MAC

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Daphna, Sep 23, 2012.

1. dlliba10

dlliba10 Well-Known Member

Stressful for me too. Competing at a comp that you're organizing = no bueno. Competing in three open level events at said comp = more no bueno.
  2. NielsenE

NielsenE Active Member

Yay! Scheduling finally worked out for both my partner and I. Haven't been able to make it to a MAC, or any NQE for that matter, for a couple of years. Looking forward to seeing y'all on the floor.
    Mandicraft, Jananananana and dlliba10 like this.
  3. Jananananana

Jananananana Active Member

Are you registered yet? ;)
  4. NielsenE

NielsenE Active Member

Yup. Thought you might have seen that with all the registration stalking you do ;)
  5. Jananananana

I didn't see you! I just double checked and then I saw your name. I must have missed it the first time. Look, my stalking methods aren't perfect.
  6. smidra86

smidra86 Active Member

You guys.... sigh. I'm excited! dlliba, I might try to convince the partner to maybe do champ smooth. I've been trying. Foxtrot has been revamped, not redone at this point... hopefully, it will look good... ugh....
  7. dlliba10

Just saying that you guys might be sort of way too good for Novice by this point, revamped Foxtrot or not ;)
  8. smidra86

smidra86 Active Member

I don't know. We feel comfortable right now dancing at novice because that is technically our level. I barely placed out of gold back in February, and that's in collegiate comps too. I'll talk to him about it tonight. Unless he is already DF-stalking me right now and going to yell at me afterwards for talking about him. (Wouldn't be surprised.)
  9. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

ahhh not confessing i see jana err jananananana
    Jananananana likes this.
  10. Jananananana

Stop being a dance-downer and dance at your level. If you don't register for the right level (that I think you should be in), your Christmas present WILL suffer.
    Larinda McRaven and dlliba10 like this.
  11. smidra86

smidra86 Active Member

technically we are novice..... we never placed out. since I just barely placed out of gold in the ycn.... so technically we could do bronze/silver and not get in trouble. and I don't control reg. the partner does
  12. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

i sense a coaled christmas:)
    Jananananana likes this.
  13. syncopationator

syncopationator Active Member

What's the deal with mixed proficiency? I see that its allowed, but don't see an entry form for it or age categories. Is it a separate event or mixed in with the regular amateur events?
  14. scotttocs

scotttocs Member

We do offer Mixed Proficiency events as required. They are distinct event, and are available for people to do not have regular partners to dance with.

They get created manually as required, and are offered in the same session as adult events of the same style and level.
  15. syncopationator

syncopationator Active Member

So send in a separate e-mail or call in to register for MP?
    Bailamosdance likes this.
  16. scotttocs

scotttocs Member

Yep - e-mail registrar @ nyusadance.org ...
  17. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

For anyone still searching for a Christmas present, think about getting VIP tickets for the MAC. We've decided on an menu from the caterers Abigail Kirsch and it includes Mac & Cheese BBQ Chicken, Adobe Beef Shortribs, Eggplant Polpetta, Portobello Mushroom Steak Fries and Lobster BLTs to name just a few of the Hors D'Oeuvres. This is in addition to wine and sparkling water. Great food, waiter service and great dancing make for a wonderful Christmas present.
  18. dlliba10

:O My stomach just rumbled at the very thought.
  19. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Do those come with a side of Acrobat? ;)
  20. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

As long as its not the Pro version :)