2013 MAC

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Daphna, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

adobe or adobo??

LOL
  2. Mr 4 styles

you are relentless!!!

do you pimp all the other nqes just as hard??
  3. Milen

Milen Member

Hey, it works though. That's what I got myself for Christmas (+ a curling iron).
    Jananananana likes this.
  4. Mr 4 styles

LOL should have bought an Instyler ( says the mrs) and skipped the tix ( just kidding Daphna)
  5. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

LOL, I would if I were on the organizing committee of the other NQEs, but since I'm only on the organizing committee of the MAC and Nationals, I limit my pimping to those events that I actual have knowledge to pimp :)
  6. Mr 4 styles

LOL fair enough clearly you need to use your mad skills on some of the less attended NQE's:D
  7. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

Would be happy too
  8. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

For everyone who wondered about getting from the hotel to Pier 60, there will be door-to-door shuttle service starting Friday morning at 10 AM, Saturday at 7AM and Sunday at 7AM. The shuttle will run all day and the last run will be about an hour after the last event. In order to help defray the cost of the shuttle, there will be a cost of $5.00/person/ride.

Remember, registration closes in 9 days (Dec. 31) and the amazing hotel room rate of $145 goes away in 6 days (Dec. 28). This is probably one of the lowest, if the lowest hotel room rates in NY, (at least at an hotel you'd want to stay in :),) and since you don't need to be a competitor or spectator at the MAC to get these rates, any friends who register via our website link will get the rates, this is a great opportunity for friends and family to visit NY.

See you all in Jan, have a great Holiday and a very Happy New Year. May all of the various dancing gods look down upon you with cheer.
    ChaChaMama and pygmalion like this.
  9. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

just a side note, let's not "pimp" the comps please, we have a strict no advertising policy in the forums other than Dance Ads and Dance Events that keeps getting more than a bit bent here.

We let people post INFORMATION about comps, let's not abuse the privileges please.
  10. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

Sorry, didn't mean to abuse any of the privileges.
  11. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

thanks Daphna... we are appreciative of the info that you do supply for our members, so we give you the benefit of the doubt when we can. ;)
  12. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

No problem, can you send PM me examples/a list of what is stepping over the line and what is allowed.
  13. famfam

famfam Member

I will point out that we've discussed people not technically pointing out of things...

No further advice given beyond that, we know how much you listen to it ;)
  14. syncopationator

syncopationator Active Member

back to MAC... I read on another post that MOS is usually interleaved with open heats. The last time I danced MOS I was in silver so I don't recall if this was the case, but is this true?
  15. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

Also on the topic of MOS, are costumes allowed? I can't find anything on the website about it.
  16. dlliba10

dlliba10 Well-Known Member

I danced MOS Latin last year, and if I remember correctly, yes, they were interleaved, but I can't remember with what events in particular. Costumes are allowed, MP.
  17. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

Costumes are allowed for MOS. Which events will be interspersed with MOS we won't know until after registration is closed (only 7 more days) and we work on the schedule.

Have a very happy dancing holiday.
  18. famfam

famfam Member

So for a clarification for Mixed Proficiency,...from what I understand it is a separate event where you can dance a given level with a higher level dancer (with only you being judged) from the "regular" amateur version of the level/style, but you cannot dance in the regular competition for that level/style and the Mixed Proficiency, is that correct? (meaning if I danced gold latin for example with my gold partner, I could not enter a gold latin Mixed Proficiency event)
  19. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

The idea of Mixed Proficiency was to allow those individuals who do not have a partner to dance with a member of their team or friend who is at a higher level and who is willing to dance with them and not be judged. So if you and your regular partner dance silver and a bronze member of your team doesn't have a partner you can dance Mixed Proficiency in Bronze, they will marked and you won't. However, if you are dancing both bronze and silver you can't do Mixed Proficiency Bronze (1) because you are already competing in that level and (2) because the events will be run at the same time. If you and your partner are doing gold you can't do mixed proficiency gold with another person. Basically this category if geared toward people who don't have partners and this is a way for them to compete.
  20. scotttocs

scotttocs Member

Regarding the interleaving of events - yes MoS takes place in the same session as other open events - therefore there are other open events in between rounds.

The goal is always to make sure every competitor has time in between rounds, no matter what events they are doing. The final schedule is highly dependent on what registrations we have.
    jerseydancer likes this.