2013 MAC

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Daphna, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

This is it, the last day to register for the MAC!!!!!!! Its only 2 weeks away! Time to get in my reserve of sleep, since by this time next week, I expect to be pulling all nighters :eek:

2. smidra86

smidra86 Active Member

Did rounds in latin yesterday and rounds in smooth today. I'm not sure how I am going to survive doing both in one day, i really hope they don't interweave smooth and latin (novice and prechamp, and even MOS) I don't need to stress about costume changes on top of trying to survive dancing however many billion rounds there will be... anyone else notice that latin is huge!?!?!!

3. scotttocs

scotttocs Member

Tonights lack of sleep will be brought to you by initial schedule build. Costume changes are something I try really hard to give time for. I try to give everyone sufficient time between all their rounds, etc. I will do everything I can to make it all work and have everyone able to dance without undue worrying about other events.

smidra86, dlliba10 and Jananananana like this.
  4. Jananananana

Jananananana Active Member

Yikes that sounds rough! Well, I'll be there to help you change if you need it. I'm pretty excited about this new location, by the way.

smidra86 and dlliba10 like this.
  5. dlliba10

dlliba10 Well-Known Member

Same here. I've heard nice things from my partner, who's seen it for herself. I'm super excited about not spending half the weekend in that elevator ...

6. Bailamosdance

Bailamosdance Well-Known Member

D, what is the onsite parking like? Pricing, how to get there, etc?

Jananananana likes this.
  7. smidra86

smidra86 Active Member

Awww ^^^ Best sister ever. Hopefully my dresses will be easy to get in and out of.

Slash I'm excited about the new location too. I was checking it out online and stuff and it looks nice!!!

8. Jananananana

From the Pier 60 website:

Arriving by Car
    • Taxis, Cars & Limousines: To arrive directly at our front door, please instruct your driver to follow all access/parking signs (do not follow taxi drop-off). Please instruct your driver to proceed through the parking gate directly to Pier Sixty, located at the tip of Pier 60. Taxis, cars and limousines are given 20 minutes’ free access to drop off and pick up passengers.

Apparently, you should have a driver....
    Interestingly, it says there's a "parking gate" although I'm not sure what that means. For previous MACs, I always parked on 10th Ave on the street and then scurried over. I hope there will be some street parking available there, too.

smidra86 likes this.
  9. Bailamosdance

Bailamosdance Well-Known Member

Good, but the chauffeur has Friday nights off lol, so I will have to drive and park. Where do I park and what are the rates?

Street parking around there will be very tough since u also have to cross the west side hiway

10. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

11. Jananananana

12. scotttocs

scotttocs Member

There are other less expensive lots locally as well. (at least less expensive than inside the Piers, didn't click the link)

Jananananana likes this.
  13. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

When she's not busting your chops about "dancing down." ;)

JudeMorrigan and Jananananana like this.
  14. Jananananana

It's my obligation to humanity as her sibling to "bust her chops." Let's be honest, it makes her a better person.

I also wanted to remind everyone to renew your USA Dance membership. Because, up until right now, I forgot.

15. scotttocs

scotttocs Member

Ok, need to sleep on it and make sure we didn't schedule any finals for an hour before their respective quarters, but I'm HOPING everyone will be (at least reasonably) happy. There are again BIG BIG evening sessions which contain nothing but Pre-Champ, Champ and Masters of Syllabus events. I know if I was going to watch the whole thing I'd want to spring for VIP seats (and what do you know, there are still some left) :)

In other news, it makes it really hard to not interleave events, and give everyone time to change when I've got couples doing three out of four styles in the same session, but I *think* we've done pretty well.

See you all in a week or so.

dlliba10, smidra86 and ChaChaMama like this.
  16. smidra86

smidra86 Active Member

Does this mean that the official schedule is out?

Good to hear you are going to get some sleep now!

In a side note, my new costume is almost done, and it will be ready just in time for MAC! :)

17. scotttocs

scotttocs Member

Almost, need to do one more pass to make sure nothing silly happened tonight.

Thank you, and Congratulations! Look forward to seeing it.

18. Jananananana

Mine. Is. Not. :-( I've been painting my house.

Question about the START time of Evening session on Friday:
    On the SCHEDULE page, it says 6:00PM (http://nyusadance.org/mac/mac.shtml?page=schedule)
    On O2CM, it says Friday evening: 5:30PM.

Which of those is it?
    THANK YOU!

19. scotttocs

scotttocs Member

Eagle Eyes there!!

Prior to the official announcement, which isn't official until I officially announce it. :)

As last year, we have a very large evening on Friday, and we will almost certainly be moving the evening session up half an hour.

20. Jananananana

Sweet! Alright, I'll tell my friend to come at 5:30. She's very excited to go watch. :D I already got her a ticket.