2013 USA Dance Nationals - LA

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Dancebug, Nov 13, 2012.

1. syncopationator

syncopationator Active Member

My partner and I have a room from Thursday to Monday and were looking for another couple (age 20-45 preferably) to share and split the cost all four nights. PM me if interested.
  2. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

Just wanted to remind everyone who has reserved a room at the hotel that the last day to cancel your hotel rooms without a penalty is Sunday March 3, 2013.
  3. Dancebug

Dancebug Active Member

The competition is approaching. Can someone work on this?
    Bailamosdance likes this.
  4. Bailamosdance

Bailamosdance Well-Known Member

I have also added this to the master list for USA Dance for suggestions etc for the Nationals.
  5. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

6. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

Here is the current run down toward Nationals: (1) you have until March Friday March 8 (1 week away) to register for Nationals without getting a late fee tacked onto your registration. (2) You have until Thursday March 14, to register for Nationals and be sure of getting your name in the program. After March 14, you will need to write to the registrar to see if you can enter your event. Why wait and get all worried that you won't be able to dance in all of the events you qualified for :) and why spend an extra $50.00 on registration when you don't have to. (3) The deadline for canceling your hotel room without a cancelation fee is this coming Sunday, March 3. If you need to cancel, now is the time to do it. (4) The deadline to get a hotel room at the USA Dance low rate is Wednesday March 13. After that, if there are rooms available the hotel may extend our rate. However, since I've had to ask the hotel to give us more rooms 4 times already, I'm pretty sure that what we have is what we get. So, get your hotel room now. In fact, register, get your hotel room, and your flight today and then all you'll need to do is practice and you'll be able to do that with a care in the world :D.

I am working on getting some studios in the greater LA area to let our couple practice there for reduced rates.
  7. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

Studios for practice while at Nationals.
    Dancessense Studios & The Rhythm Room,

Please contact both studios in advance to make sure that the space is available for practice.
  8. Bailamosdance

Got phone or emails for these folks, and are they giving a special price for us?
  9. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

Not sure what the rules are for posting studio phone numbers & emails on DF, if the powers that be will let me know that's its OK, I'll post the contact info.
  10. Bailamosdance

Thank u for also putting this info on the USA dance Facebook page
  11. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

Go ahead and post public numbers or emails....links to websites are a bit more nebulous....
  12. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

They can be posted on FB, at least.
  13. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

Studios for practice:
    Dancessense Studios
    2441 Impala Drive
    Carlsbad California 92010
    telephone number 760-438-2580
    The practice fee is 10 dollars per day per person.

The Rhythm Room
    14261 Ventura Blvd.
    Sherman Oaks, CA 91423
    818-501-7498
    The couples would be welcomed provided we know in advance when they would be wanting to come in.
    The cost would be $10 per hour

Please contact both studios in advance to make sure that the space is available for practice.
    Bailamosdance likes this.
  14. Bailamosdance

How far are the studios? Is there public transportation to get. To them?
  15. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

Sorry, have no idea, you'll have to hopstop it (or the LA equivalant).
  16. Bailamosdance

Ok maybe that can be part of the welcome package, along with local restaurants rants and locations
  17. dlliba10

dlliba10 Well-Known Member

Both seem to be quite out of the way, but you need a car to get to pretty much anything in LA. Dancessense is closer to San Diego than LA proper, and The Rhythm Room is 30m-1hr northwest of the hotel, depending on traffic.
  18. Bailamosdance

It would be great to have a studio nearby....
  19. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

there arent any ballroom studios that close to LA live nadias (rhythm room) is close karinas is a little further also one on third street in santa monica

ill make some inquiries when i get back home

maybe we can get the DWTS set?? LOL kidding
  20. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

Nationals update:
    1. Scholarships have been listed, more are coming in daily so please check back frequently.
    2. Participating Vendors have been listed, there are still a few outstanding so please check back on a regular basis to see the updated list. Also, please contact the Hair & Make-up vendors to make your appointments. Don't wait until the last minute, when the only appointment available will be at 4AM.
    3. Don't forget that the last day to cancel your hotel reservation with a penalty is tomorrow, March 3.
    4. Finally, the deadline to register without having to pay an additional $50.00 is March 7, that is a week from now. Register today!!
    See you all at Nationals.