2013 USA Dance Nationals - LA

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Dancebug, Nov 13, 2012.

1. syncopationator

syncopationator Active Member

Noticed there's not even a full final registered for adult champ Latin. Don't want to get into why because I already know, but its still a shame in the lack of entries. How about open it up to couples qualified in pre-champ/novice or remove the NQE restriction?
  2. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

Not to worry, registration is closed and doesn't really close for another two weeks, you'll be surprised as to how may people sign up at the last minute and then beg us not to impose the $50.00 late fee or beg us to let them in. For some reason, ballroom dancers are nortorious for registering late. Timeing seems to be a problem for many of them ;)
    stash likes this.
  3. smidra86

smidra86 Active Member

I find that ironic.
  4. Terpsichorean Clod

Terpsichorean Clod Moderator

It's not late. It's a syncopation.
    dlliba10, stash, j_alexandra and 2 others like this.
  5. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

lol
  6. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

looks like some categories are filling nicely others notsomuch SIGN UP!!!
  7. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

Don't forget, Friday 3/8/13 is the deadline for registering without paying a late fee. So register TODAY!!!!!
  8. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

For everyone on the East Coast who is more focused on the snow than on registering for Nationals, remember today is March 8 and the deadline to register and not pay a late fee is today. Register today before going out to shovel since when you are done all you'll want to do is get a cup of hot chocolate.
    pygmalion likes this.
  9. dlliba10

dlliba10 Well-Known Member

Dance Doctor, I think? I vaguely remember walking past it.
    Mr 4 styles likes this.
  10. Bailamosdance

Bailamosdance Well-Known Member

:eek:( these are all an hour car ride away from the event....
  11. Mr 4 styles

correct

pfft i can get to avante garde in OC and back in an hour :cool:
  12. Bailamosdance

Who wants to drive an hour to practice for an hour?
  13. Mr 4 styles

who practices for only an hour??;)
    raindance likes this.
  14. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

Burbank/glendale/eaglerock....check Sloan&Sloan (Ken Sloan) - glendale. All of these local towns are much closer than Carlsbad and Sherman Oaks (geezzz who in the world wants to deal with The Valley nightmare traffic).
    Also, Pasadena is straight up the the 110 North, about 20 minutes from downtown (without traffic and without a Dodger Game) - You might want to call Christian Perry/HavinABall studios in Pasadena and Arcadia (I don't know the size of his floors at the different studios), and there is the Pasadena Dance Center (primarily ballroom instruction) on North Lake Avenue/North of the 210 Fwy,,,just a smidge north of oldtown Pasadena, this one definately has a large floor and I know they rent floor time.
    3rd Street Dance Studio - Jonathon Atkinson - is also close to downtown as well.
    Most of the time you can avoid traffic if you don't travel during rush hour on a work day. Or get into the car pool lanes.

OH, and the Sonata Room, on 1st Street and Huntington Drive in Arcadia (car pool lanes available just east of Pasadena off the 210)...Laura Powell-owner. It's definately good space, off the beaten path, near restaurants on Huntington Drive, quiet and the floor is great! Contact ahead of time.
  15. Mr 4 styles

thanks 3wishes
  16. Bailamosdance

Maybe you could contact USA dance to get them this info? I tried to get them to work up a list for their hospitality desk but the lady in charge told me to use google like her, because she was too busy with a dance cruise!
  17. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

Needed Volunteers:

First we want to thank you for registering to participate in this year’s USA Dance Nationals. We hope that you are as excited as we are as the date draws closer and closer. As you may know, pulling off an event of this caliber requires not only the wonderful dancing that you and your fellow competitors are sure to be bringing to the floor, but also the work of our wonderful volunteers.
    In past years, our event has benefitted from the support and generosity of these volunteers, without whom Nationals would not have been as splendid. We would like to continue this tradition by rewarding members of our community who step forward to once again make our event the best it can be.
    For any of our competing couples who offer to work for a minimum shift, we will offer refunds for competitive entries. The more hours a competitor is able to volunteer, the more entries we will refund. Of course, we understand that with the pressure of competing, competitors may be wary of distractions and additional responsibilities. For those individuals, we would be happy to credit the work of family and friends towards their refunds.
    For our non-competing volunteers who are there to enjoy the event, we would like to offer complimentary session tickets, in addition to the free access to the ballroom they have during their shifts.
    For more details or to sign up to be part of our team who strive to make this event great, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator at volunteer@usadancenationals.org. Or check out the “volunteer” section of our website, under the “home” tab. If that doesn't work for some reason, don't despair, you can always PM me.

Also, if you have read this entire post, your interest in Nationals is great and you should think about donating to our scholarship fund :)

Wishing you all a great Nationals and I'll see you soon,
    Daphna Locker
  18. Mr 4 styles

if you ask nicely maybe ill donate my overpayment from last year:)
  19. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

Please, please, please with a cherry on top :)
  20. Mr 4 styles

that was fast!! you win ..ill do it at the registration table