2013 USA Dance Nationals - LA

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Dancebug, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Where are you seeing succeeding rounds?

Bailamosdance likes this.
  2. Bailamosdance

Bailamosdance Well-Known Member

Is it ok to have a semi with 15 couples? Is that right, in champ?

3. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

It's a little unusual, but fortunately for you, you don't have to worry about it!

4. syncopationator

syncopationator Active Member

prechamp smooth is a 15 couple QF while champ smooth is a 15 couple SF. is that correct?

5. Bailamosdance

Bailamosdance Well-Known Member

Yes. Wy is that?

6. jerseydancer

jerseydancer Active Member

Sunday 9:31 PM S2 Standard Champ 1/4 final, following by semi at 10:15PM, no heats between (9:31 is kind of funny, could it be 9:30:))

7. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

Assuming that quarter final will be broken up into two groups, 44 minutes still seems like a long gap between the two heats. I would assume there's a break for awards and/or general dancing built in there, which would make the lack of intervening heats seem a bit less odd.

Bailamosdance and Mr 4 styles like this.
  8. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

I bet you are right Jude

9. Mr 4 styles

its official larinda is judging nationals

as her pic is now up there

very pretty pic btw:D

jerseydancer and smidra86 like this.
  10. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

:)

11. Mr 4 styles

Howdy SD

I wasnt nervous about nationals this year at all

prepped ready to go for three weeks now...
    hard work with the mrs and my smooth pro paying off..

UNTILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
    LARINDA is judging:eek:.... I have so much respect for her from her posting in here and what my east coast friends have said about her, those that have worked with her,

now im skeeered:confused: afraid ill grin like an idiot at her as I dance by:D

smidra86 likes this.
  12. Dancebug

Dancebug Well-Known Member

So what kind of street clothes should I pack for national? It seems that it will be around 70 and cloudy in LA next weekend. I forgot what it feels like in 70 because the area I live is still very cold.

smidra86 likes this.
  13. Mr 4 styles

short skirt ,stiletto heels, plungin..

oops wrong board:eek:

day session comfortable top and jeans sweater in case the room is cold or for evenings

night short dress ,stille...

oops wrong one again:oops:

for watching in evening.. skirt and top or dress

tennies for walking in day

smidra86 likes this.
  14. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

Did everyone get the message about live streaming? YAY!

Now friends and relatives of competitors can see the competition...plus those of who can't make it this year due to circumstances of various kinds.

March 29, 2013

To: USA Dance Chapter & National Officials

GREAT NEWS! - Live streaming of USA Dance National DanceSport Championships will be available on our national website www.usadance.org.

Please pass the word to all members to let them know about this exciting first for USA Dance. Add information to your website and facebook pages, email members - let's get the word out.

Angela Prince
    Director Public Relations
    USA Dance Inc.

LIVE FROM LA!

The USA DANCE 2013 NATIONAL DANCESPORT CHAMPIONSHIPS IN LOS ANGELES
    WILL BE LIVE STREAMED DURING THE EVENING SESSIONS
    on Friday, April 5, Saturday, April 6 and Sunday, April 7,
    7 pm until midnight
    These live sessions will be "open to the world" and FREE!

Connect NOW to our NEW LIVESTREAM CHANNEL by first going to the USA Dance website homepage www.usadance.org; watch the new 2013 Nationals video promotions and Championship Division re-runs from prior Nationals; THEN.....at 7 pm PT or 10 pm ET any of the three nights click on the channel link to WATCH LIVE.

And if you miss any of these amazing performances, you can watch the re-runs of all three nights next day or any day throughout the month of April.

OUR THANKS to Paradigm Digital-DVD for making this LIVESTREAM happen.

Additionally, the USA Dance 2013 Nationals Channel will also available on YouTube.

PLEASE SHARE THIS GREAT NEWS WITH ALL DANCERS EVERYWHERE!

15. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

That is awesome. Where do you go to watch? usadance.org?

16. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

Yep, the link is on the home page

SDsalsaguy likes this.
  17. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Normally a 1/4 will take 20 minutes to run. Then you gotta have 20 minutes between the end of the 1/4 and the beginning of the semi. So 9:31 + 20 min takes you to 9:51. 9:51 + 20 min takes you to 10:11. So 10:15 is not an unreasonable time to expect the 1/2.

18. smidra86

smidra86 Active Member

I'm super excited for the Livestream!!! :) And for Larinda judging. And for the warmth of LA.

Mr 4 styles likes this.
  19. jerseydancer

jerseydancer Active Member

I am slightly concerned when I do not see any heats, or just one heat between the events, so far our experience at some NQE was not so good. Our heats ended up back to back, hopefully, because these ones are the heats from the same event it should not happen, so it will be the violation to have less than 20 min between, right?

20. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

FYI, even with the marine layer weather burning off by 10a.m., the weather has been FABULOUS! Hope it holds out for all of you out-of-towners.:)