2013 USA Dance Nationals - LA

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Dancebug, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Bailamosdance

Bailamosdance Well-Known Member

Can't USA Dance live stream the daytime events too? Even one camera would be good.
    Mr 4 styles and smidra86 like this.
  2. Dancebug

Dancebug Active Member

I am sorry hat I always whine and complain, but some simple eateries I found don't open on weekends or open only limited hours, so please do check if they are open before you just go.
    Bailamosdance likes this.
  3. Bailamosdance

This conversation started a while back discussing the limited options for late evening as well...
  4. dbk

dbk Well-Known Member

If there are any eateries close enough to get high traffic from the comp, the organizers should give them a heads-up. A lot of places will change their hours for a big event - heck, one of our local Dunkins used to open early for our team when we were leaving at 3am for comps. Even if they are normally open, they might be able to bring in more staff for those days.
  5. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

I am very much with you on that one. I was disappointed to see that there wasn't even an option to pay for a stream for the day sessions.
  6. Bailamosdance

Maybe USA dance should have someone in charge of hospitality, and have them do all this? It sometimes seems like competitors last...
  7. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

You volunteering?
    Larinda McRaven likes this.
  8. Bailamosdance

Actually, jean was in charge, but if she is leaving the post this late in the game, I doubt that I can do much for this. Perhaps someone in the la area who knows the area can help. She did mention that there would be a hospitality table. Is that still happening?
  9. Bailamosdance

Is the first answer from USA dance always going to be passive aggressive lol? How about considering the comments and trying to make them happen...?
  10. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

Just a general moderation note here.....tone of posts are hard to interpret in the online medium, let's try to give everybody the benefit of the doubt when it comes to tone.....

Thanks!
  11. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

Volunteerism is at an alltime low:( this is a national problem not just a USA dance or local charity issue

mad props to those who give their time

as a chapter president, we feel it at every dance just getting peeps to set up...tough
  12. Mr 4 styles

correctamundo

that is how sometimes these back to back heats have happened a semi becomes a final and bam there you are!!
  13. jerseydancer

jerseydancer Active Member

Do not take it personal. I am just annoyed at the fact that the seniors seems to end up much more often with back to back heats as we do not spend as much energy as kids. None is talking that we do not need the cross training and the endurance training, but when it gets to the show time, I would like to have 15-20 min to get the oxygen back to my brain, so I can enjoy the next round. It is biology 101: it takes time to recover from physical activity and one can decrease the time but not to zero minutes.

Now when I have to drop from the events because they ended up back to back USA Dance comp becomes expensive. 150 bucks for one events is too much to travel for. Just saying, try your best to space out the hits, when possible, because some people really do try, and some just brush back with the lectures about endurance training.
  14. Bailamosdance

Well, if u are in one event in champ, you are guaranteed 20 mins between events. If u do interleaving events, be prepared to do back to back. We do 2 techniques and sometimes we had to not only do Latin and then Standard with 20 mins between, but also change costumes and warm up.

Best thing is to do endurance training. J we are 10 yearsnoldermthanu, and we do endurance training a lot, so that we do not feel there is a problem at a comp. in fact, when other couples are not ready to dance the next round, then they have lost their competitive edge to us. This is also why quickstep is the last standard dance.... If you,don't have the enrgy, you don't get the mark!
  15. Mr 4 styles

I expend more energy that a lot of "Kids":cool:

you do realize I didn't say that.. I just mentioned that I train and feel I can handle the physical and cardio stress if required

trust me I love to have the 20 minutes..coz then im at full tilt again:D
    jerseydancer likes this.
  16. Mr 4 styles

I dont

ask BD:eek: JK
    jerseydancer likes this.
  17. Mr 4 styles

that would be fantastic...

at least SOME of the seniors will be on air:(
  18. Bailamosdance

Bad negotiating, apparently. You figure that daytime would be free and that nighttime finals would be charged (USA dance does not think that senior events are important enough for evening, even going so far as to place a new event that has no qualiification requirements and only 4 entrants immediately into Saturday night) but not streaming the majority of the events (which coincidentally are mostly senior and jr events) sends a strong message as what is considered 'top tier'.
  19. Bailamosdance

Seniors are the poor stepchild apparently even tho they make up the majority of the events, along with juniors. And then they ask us all to contribute to a dance camp that discriminates via age...
  20. jerseydancer

jerseydancer Active Member

I think we should not get that negative, live streaming is really great thing going on for USA Dance, in a future we may get day events too, and what are you worring about, you are doing S2 Standard, right? Baby steps, lets see how it goes this time
    Larinda McRaven and Mr 4 styles like this.