2013 USA Dance Nationals - LA

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Dancebug, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Bailamosdance

Bailamosdance Well-Known Member

Hey I am glad they did it partial and no I am not negative, I just see that they cherry picked what would be streamed. And daytime is important too.

2. jerseydancer

jerseydancer Active Member

We do not really know what went on, but I agree about Salsa nonesense:) But again, the intentions probably were good

3. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

In fairness, aside from that salsa event, everything in the evening sessions is a championship or gold pre-teen event. It's not as if they're bumping senior championship events for adult pre-champ ones. As much as I'd like to see the daytime sessions (although in my case, it's for some of the people from my studio who will be dancing in events there and for the events that I would be competing in if I were able to attend the comp), I don't think there's any slight intended to the senior events.

4. Bailamosdance

I did suggest that they rotate events between evening and daytime from year to year. Senior events are 3x more common in Champ, but underrepresented in the evening.

5. jerseydancer

Then you can end up not having time to change from latin to standard, someone always will not be happy, unfortunately. They have better answer in the rest of the world, when all the events are so big that they require separate days, and the semi and finals are in the evenings.... back to american men not wishing to dance. All their fault:)

Sania, Mr 4 styles and Bailamosdance like this.
  6. smidra86

smidra86 Active Member

CHAMP SMOOTH IS OFFICIALLY A QUARTER FINAL!!!! WHOOT!

Larinda McRaven and dlliba10 like this.
  7. jerseydancer

Looks like JudeMorgan was right on, S2 Standard Champ Quarter final moved a little up to 10:22, then Smooth Quarter Final is at 9:54, and the semi for S2 Standard at 10:21 I am very happy with the schedule now. Hope it stays this way:)

Mr 4 styles likes this.
  8. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

Good luck and have fun this weekend, everyone. Hope to join y'all next year.

Mr 4 styles likes this.
  9. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

so I get to watch smidra and jerseydancer in the same night WOOOOOOT WOOOTTT

jerseydancer likes this.
  10. Mandicraft

Mandicraft Active Member

Hi Everyone from LA. I've been in town doing set-up for the past couple of days, but I just want to say that there are a TON of food options of all styles, price points and open/close time with in the 5 to 6 block radius. From Subway to Flemings SteakHouse...

11. Akita

Akita Active Member

Farrell's is GREAT. Just like I remembered. So good that we've eaten there twice already -yesterday and again today when our LA relatives (who had never eaten there) insisted on going back again today.

jerseydancer likes this.
  12. Akita

Akita Active Member

Yup

13. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

omg...farrells...what a wonderful memory...i had a birthday party there...complete with the ice cream zoo on a stretcher

latingal likes this.
  14. dlliba10

dlliba10 Well-Known Member

Someone please make the trek out to Cafe de Solar and have a vanilla Solar for me! <3

Good luck to everyone competing, judging, and organizing! I can't wait to watch the Livestream and cheer y'all on from Boston. :)

Mr 4 styles likes this.
  15. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

Exactly, believe me, those of us who worked for the City, we definately needed to "walk" to the eateries. Especially those near and around LA Live. We would find lots of options within a 20 minute walk. Have fun to all, safe travels to many, some of us are headed to the San Francisco Open,,,

Mr 4 styles likes this.
  16. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

Lovely hotel :)

Mr 4 styles and jerseydancer like this.
  17. Bailamosdance

Neighborhood has changed for the better since last nationals.

18. Jane Rexroad

Jane Rexroad New Member

good to hear you arrived safely. Wishing you and Martha and all the S2 couples every success this week-end. Take a spin around the floor for me.

Mr 4 styles and Bailamosdance like this.
  19. jerseydancer

Great! Good luck today at S3 Standard

Mr 4 styles and Bailamosdance like this.
  20. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

just finished power yoga for flexibility with rodney yee

time to get ready!! cant wait!!!

think i saw Larinda in the lobby but not sure

couldnt get close enough to look at her nails LLOOLL