2013 USA Dance Nationals - LA

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Dancebug, Nov 13, 2012.

1. smidra86

smidra86 Active Member

Here is a video from the prechamp smooth final.

debmc, Jananananana and Leon Theou like this.
  2. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

Met Larinda. Sooo nice. Now to meet smidra. I think I know who she is

smidra86 likes this.
  3. Mr 4 styles

Yep met smidra. Lovely dancer. And her partner ain't half bad too lol

smidra86 likes this.
  4. Jananananana

Jananananana Active Member

You met smidra? that's not something to be brag about... known the girl her whole life, I don't know what the fuss is about. It's not like she's a national smooth champ finalist :D

5. dlliba10

dlliba10 Well-Known Member

That was an EXCELLENT final. Congrats to all!

I'm very glad they got dance-ons, but all the more my question remains -- why didn't Adult Champ Rhythm?

6. Mr 4 styles

im a national rhythm champion ( last year) soooo i think she should be impressed LLOLL

actually didnt have time to talk much as she was between rounds

Jananananana and smidra86 like this.
  7. Mr 4 styles

went like this
    M4S nice dancing
    smidra thanks
    M4S my name is ....
    smidra quizzical look
    M4S aka mr 4 styles
    smidra oh nice to meet you I'm..

M4s good luck hope you final
    smidra thanks
    M4S nice backbend btw:eek:
    smidra smile

ajiboyet and smidra86 like this.
  8. Bailamosdance

Bailamosdance Well-Known Member

Any thoughts pro and con about the nationals 2013 experience? Any comments?

9. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

Yes, I would love to hear/read the responses also. And, on a huge sidenote, kudos to Los Angeles Councilmember Jan Perry, whose district is downtown. She, herself brought noticeable attention, just previous to the USA Nationals, to Ballroom Dancing during her recent run for Mayor of Los Angeles, when she was filmed at Westmor Dance Studio during her lessons (she is not a recent student, has been dancing for some time). She is a huge supporter of the arts and dancing. Although she didn't win the run off against her former Councilmembers - she has, behind the scenes, worked hard to have the arts in downtown. Thank you Jan Perry.

10. Mr 4 styles

the comp made ABC morning news on Saturday showed a solid 5 minute spot!! fantastic

BD ill fend your question tomorrow its DWTS time!!:D

11. Bailamosdance

Bailamosdance Well-Known Member

All kids in the spot, any older folks?

12. smidra86

smidra86 Active Member

That is approx the exact conversation. I was kind of freaking out I think because they were taking forever to post up the call backs and so I was just in a bit of a daze. On top of which I was exhausted (you could occasionally find me before champ smooth rounds curled up into a ball semi napping) and so everything was kind of over my head at that point. But it was lovely meeting you as well, I'm so glad you came and introduced yourself. :)

13. Mr 4 styles

i was gonna ask you to introduce me to your partner but i had witnessed him getting a little umm err clarification after the semi so i knew where his head was at LOL

14. Mr 4 styles

BD the guilianos doing their salsa solo was shown

15. smidra86

smidra86 Active Member

Oh I would have introduced you to him... but I actually didn't even know where he went after that. And sorry about that. :oops:

Mr 4 styles likes this.
  16. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Anyone have a (good) reason why the A Champ Standard wasn't just run as a 27-couple quarterfinal?

Bailamosdance likes this.
  17. Jananananana

Jananananana Active Member

Yes, possibly because couples who made the final last year were going to join in after the first round. That would be my guess.

3wishes likes this.
  18. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

Well, the crew (I still have my PIO (press information officer) contacts) actually did several "spots" of filming of various age groups, not just kids. The editor-in-chief for the lead stories and teasers cut the film length and the focus.

19. Lorelei

Lorelei Member

Yes, I believe 30 were registered and two couples had a star, so they were not scheduled to dance until 9:45 pm. Everyone else was ready to dance at 5:20 pm. Three couples did not come for the first round. So I am guessing the choice was either to keep the first round and let people dance or have them wait for 4 hours and dance a quarter.

20. syncopationator

syncopationator Active Member

yep... Smidra was just reminding me in a not so nice way that she doesn't like getting tossed into other couples :)

smidra86, mindputtee and dlliba10 like this.