2013 USA Dance Nationals - LA

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Dancebug, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

chit chit chit forgot to say hi to mandicraft * palmslaps forehead*

2. Mr 4 styles

in smidras case shes more of a limbo bar to jump over!!!

holy backbend batman!! ( borrowed from previous poster)

Larinda McRaven and smidra86 like this.
  3. Mr 4 styles

you are supposed to tan BEFORE the comp:eek:

4. Mr 4 styles

probably some of both not to mention Lakers kings and dodger games

we had a large group of friends and family come during the day on sunday it was great we rarely have peeps at event as most of the events are out east

5. Bailamosdance

Bailamosdance Well-Known Member

I was told that all they did was ask and Paradigm graciously did it. We should be glad that someone at USA dance was listening to us competitors and made the effort to make it happen, and not simply dismiss us or shut us down. At any rate, this is a good place to spend our membership dues, as it benefits everyone in the membership, as they can all look in. Next year, not only should streaming be open to close, but have a hospitality table and perhaps someone could work on,publicizing the event - we should be asking why the turnout was so light all day and night. Maybe simply making the sessions free would encourage people to be in the ballroom more often, or maybe the scheduling should be made in a way that people will stick around for more than their event.

6. dlliba10

dlliba10 Well-Known Member

Every time one of you zipped by the camera, I made it a point to type your names in big capital letters in the chat. :D And HI MC! :D

7. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

It is really great when people can see you and cheer you on that are close to you isn't it. I'm shocked that no one made it to the Grammy Museum (it's really great), the space shuttle Endeavor, the USS Iowa, any event in the Convention Center or Staples Center,,,,there is so much going on in downtown, plus the Disney Concert Hall and the Music Center - as well as any City event e.g., bike ride through downtown or 5K, that it tends to dilute other events. Mandicraft knows this, wink, you City person you! HUGS! Maybe next time I will be at the Marriott as a volunteer as well, since the City has asked me if I would come back on contract. It would be great to meet all'ya'all.

Mr 4 styles likes this.
  8. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

I totally read this as "the Granny Museum" at first. Need ... more ... caffeine.

j_alexandra, Mr 4 styles and dlliba10 like this.
  9. Mr 4 styles

back atchya

we spend our free time in Beverly hills shopping the mrs likes it there and I love lunch at the Ivy

10. Mr 4 styles

I bet that was Daphna:D

it LA baby... there is A lot to do was a little late to the evening session one night coz I was chillin with....Pau Gasol!! talkin BBALL another great love of mine
    Bmore .... once through the sights and well that's it:eek:

but I agree we should offer 15 free tix to each studio owner within 50 minutes of the venue

11. smidra86

smidra86 Active Member

Well I mean I thought Yang would announce something lol.

Haha thanks. That was another friend of mine from NY. :) I like knowing everyone haha.

12. Bailamosdance

Bailamosdance Well-Known Member

FYI 02CM has agreed to disable mobile 02CM so that schedules and marks will be available on iphones and iPads!

Gorme, SwayWithMe, smidra86 and 2 others like this.
  13. Meagan

Meagan Active Member

Didn't get to watch as much of it as I wanted but loved the stream...what I did see, the quality was great! Although I'm clearing my schedule for next year so I can actually be in attendance and not watching on my computer ;)

dlliba10 likes this.
  14. Mr 4 styles

id rather see you dance there see you in Bmore but do come to one in LA its a great time and ill personally take you to the BESTTTTT restaurant, if you like Japanese food

15. Meagan

Meagan Active Member

Guess I better also clear my schedule for the next LA Nationals as well :D Now, to get back into the dancing bit...perhaps a good post-dance legends project!!

Mr 4 styles likes this.
  16. Mandicraft

Mandicraft Active Member

I'll forgive you this time since I ended up spending all of my time behind my computer on the dais rather than doing awards. Luckily my roommate Chris was there to take care of awards for me!

Mr 4 styles likes this.
  17. dlliba10

dlliba10 Well-Known Member

My best friend, who lives in West Hollywood, all but yelled at me for not coming out for Nationals this year. I guess that means I better book my ticket for Nationals 2016 ... :D

Meagan and smidra86 like this.
  18. Mr 4 styles

thank you I owe you one
    It was fun ill tell ya

19. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

Just wanted to take a moment to thank everyone who came danced, cheered, spectated and volunteered at Nationals. Please PM me with any suggestions for next year and I'll see you all in Baltimore in 2014.

20. Mr 4 styles

let me find a block of time and I will do this

they better have a Nobu open by then!!!:eek: