2013 USA Dance Nationals - LA

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Dancebug, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Akita

Akita Active Member

LOL. True!!
  2. Meagan

Meagan Active Member

April's becoming a busy month these days :rolleyes:
    dlliba10 likes this.
  3. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

shameless plug meagan;)
    dlliba10 likes this.
  4. Meagan

Meagan Active Member

haha no just wondering if I'll ever get to fit it all in!

I've always wanted to go to an LA nationals but I don't think I'll manage it this year :( then I'll have to wait another two it seems...
  5. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

Being sickly often makes us dark
  6. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

Daphna, you posted while I was in the middle of separating out the NDCA posts from this thread, so your reply went to the new NDCA thread. I moved it back here to the usadance thread.

This new software takes some 5 or 6 steps to reorganize posts, so then it takes several minutes. And unfortunately new posts get caught up in the timely "remove, create, merge" process. Sorry!
  7. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

The internet/electronic gnomes strick again, not a problem, thanks for the explanation
  8. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

I've started a thread on the USA Dance National Championship page about suggestions for making life easier at Nationals. Please go to that page, like us, and post any questions you may have about Nationals there so that questions and answers are collected in one spot and easy for one and all to find. See you in April.

Here are the highlights of what I posted on FB. I'll try to make sure that I update this site as I update the other.

Please buy your admission tickets prior to the event and on-line. Reserved evening tickets are assigned on a first come/first pay basis so the earlier you order and pay for your tickets the better the seats will be.

If you want great seats for the entire weekend, get front row reserved (good for all sessions) but can only buy for the entire weekend. Or VIP tickets, table service and best seats in the house.

Please check the dress code. It will be strictly enforced at Nationals. We will ask parents/coaches to come up to the dais if there is a problem during the events. Please listen and come up and speak to the invigilators.

Please check the syllabus steps. There will be inviglators at Nationals. See the note above. Same statement holds.

If ease in check-in and keeping everthing smooth and easy, please come in plenty of time to check-in. The day before is best, but if that isn't possible, come to registration as early as possible. Coming an hour before you are scheduled to dance, is really not a good idea since usually the process takes at least a 1/2 hours in the best of times and if you need to be on deck 1/2 prior to the listed event, you will be really pushing and will probably end up stressing out. Come early for no stress :)
  9. NielsenE

NielsenE Active Member

Just a note to competitors, looks like the hotel is already sold out of the discounted rate for Sunday evening.
  10. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

Really, let me get in touch with the hotel an see what I can do to (a) verify this and (b) get more rooms if needed.
  11. NielsenE

NielsenE Active Member

Thanks, that would be great.
    I was able to reserve Thursday-Sat evenings at the USA Dance rate, but had to reserve Sunday under a separate reservation at their normal rate.
  12. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

Still waiting to hear back from the hotel. Should know what the story is in a day or two.
  13. Mr 4 styles

SW regionals this weekend ...then booking LA woot woot
    pygmalion likes this.
  14. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

Best wishes! Dance well!
    Mr 4 styles likes this.
  15. Mr 4 styles

16. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

If everyone who has already reserved a room for Sunday night, at the regular rate rather than the USA Dance rate will PM me with your reservation names, reservation number and email, I'll be able to get that rate changed. Before I release more rooms I want to make sure that everyone who has reserve early get our rate. Thanks

Daphna
    Bailamosdance likes this.
  17. Bailamosdance

Bailamosdance Well-Known Member

Thanx Daphne, it is great to see that USA Dance is 'on it' and is actively available to us on social media!! Your hard work is appreciated...
    Sania, JudeMorrigan and Mr 4 styles like this.
  18. Mr 4 styles

ditto that!!!
  19. NielsenE

NielsenE Active Member

Thanks! PM sent.
  20. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

Anyone else in the same boat, people please ask around. I'd like to send the hotel one or at the most two emails with peoples information in order to reduce confusion. Please PM me with your info.