2013 USA Dance Nationals - LA

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Dancebug, Nov 13, 2012.

1. smidra86

smidra86 Active Member

I have a question regarding registration for nationals. At the qualifying events they say in the rules that you can only span 2 levels in a single style, so novice and prechamp smooth, for example. But if you were to qualify at several different NQEs for a span of three levels, novice, prechamp, and champ, could you register for nationals in all three?

2. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

No, regardless of how many levels you qualify for at various NQEs you can still only dance two consecutive levels at Nationals. You can qualify for the different levels so that you can see where you stand with regards to your current dancing ability but you need to make a choice for Nationals as to which two levels you will dance e.g. Gold/Novice or Novice/Pre-Champ or Pre-Champ/Champ. See you all soonish.

3. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

booked nationals seems i got the usa dance rate for all 4 nights?? problem solved??

4. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

Great

5. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

Just wanted to remind everyone to get their admission tickets today, before prices go up. We are extending the early bird price until Feb. 15, so buy the session tickets now. There are some great new events happening, the Salsa Championship, and the Under-21 Latin, Standard, and 10-Dance Championships. Plus there are all of the usual championships: Pre-Teen Gold through Senior III in Standard, Latin, Smooth, and Rhythm. An entire weekend of great and exciting dancing. For the first time we will be choosing couples for a total of three different types of world events. It’s a weekend not to be missed.

6. smidra86

smidra86 Active Member

Three different types of world events? o_O

7. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Latin, Standard and 10-dance doesn't already count as three different types of world events?

Bailamosdance likes this.
  8. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

No they don't, but the WDSF World Championships, WDSF World DanceSport Games and the World Games under the IOC do :)

smidra86 likes this.
  9. Mr 4 styles

salsa championship!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Bailamosdance

Bailamosdance Well-Known Member

remember, there is no 'salsa' dancing in this competition... it's 3 other latin dances, but I did not see any 'salsa' as a dance...

11. Mr 4 styles

at nationals this year is the debut of the open salsa championships the usa dance winner will be invited to the world games in cali colombia

12. Bailamosdance

13. Mr 4 styles

14. Bailamosdance

I am pointing out that the championship event does not include salsa, despite what usa dance puts on their website. Wouldn't it be strange if USA Dance sent a couple to the World Champ having danced American Salsa, only to find that the World Championship is about 3 other dances?

15. smidra86

smidra86 Active Member

16. Mr 4 styles

or salsa on two just call it mambo LOL

17. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

Ken is checking this out, as soon as he has the info, I'll post it here.

18. DrDoug

DrDoug Active Member

Is there a link on the Nationals web site to make a reservation online? Or can one go to the Marriott web site and use an appropriate group booking code (if so, what)? Or should we just call them?

19. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

If you go to the usadancenationals.com website and click on the hotel tab and then on the link on the page you'll be brought to the hotel page with our code already inserted. Let me know I you have a problem.

20. DrDoug

DrDoug Active Member

Found it, thank you. However, the online system seems to be showing that rooms for Sunday have sold out.