2013 USA Dance Nationals - LA

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Dancebug, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

Will contact the hotel and see what the problem is and will let you know. Not sure I'll get an answer before Monday so please be patient.

2. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

i booked on monday and it was open

maybe Daphna can get more!!:D

3. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

Still waiting to hear back from the hotel re: Sunday night rooms.
    As for the whole Salsa questions it seems like an overzealous writer editorialized on the event… then WDSF translated the editorialized article and then put that on the website. The extra dances will be removed and Salsa will be listed as the dance that will be competed at the World Games (along with Latin and Standard of course.) Great opportunity for all of you Salsa dancers out there.

Bailamosdance likes this.
  4. Bailamosdance

Bailamosdance Well-Known Member

Thanx Daphne

5. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

I have gotten a few more rooms added to our Sunday night reservation block.

6. Mr 4 styles

you rock daphna

7. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

Thanks, I try.

Mr 4 styles likes this.
  8. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

Also, I want to make sure that no one can say that they weren't warned, but the prices of the session tickets go up at midnight (PST) of Friday 2/15. Buy those tickets now and save. Also, as you all have read, I've already asked the hotel to increase our room block twice and we are still almost month out from the hotel and entry deadline (and no, we didn't get fewer rooms than previously :) .) My suggestion is that you make your hotel reservation and get your session tickets now. Don't delay.

9. Mr 4 styles

yep get your butts signed up

we dont want to dance uncontested LOL

10. Akita

Akita Active Member

How much do the session tickets increase after Friday?

11. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

Day session tickets remain the same price, evening session tickets go up $10.00 and all package deals go up $15.00.

12. Bailamosdance

Just a reminder, there is a call for comments and suggestions on how to improve the USA dance nationals... It's on the USA dance, inc Facebook page. USA dance has promised to listen and consider any and all ideas on how to improve the dancer's experience...

Mr 4 styles likes this.
  13. Mr 4 styles

nationals runs pretty welll gumbo runs very well

14. Bailamosdance

Yes they do but that is not what I am asking lol. Not kudos nor negatives, but suggestions on how to improve things. Running well is also one aspect only... How could the experience be improved? One suggestion was to make registration less of a struggle and lengthy by having competitors pick up their numbers on the day of their session and not before, thereby making the lines much shorter. Another was to make pre sold tickets to the ballroom have specific assigned seating, so that you are not left to scavenge seats... Toss kind of things. Hey, all, they did promise to listen and not simply knock all the ideas down...

Mr 4 styles likes this.
  15. Mr 4 styles

you can then see the mad dash of dance moms who (showed up late forgot didnt care fill in the blank) and are having a cow at the desk as thier kids are about to go on

there should be a separate line for tier registrants ( like first class airlines) or a kiosk so that you can print out your number and tickets then walk past a slightly supervised table to grab pins programs etc ( FASTPASS version) this would take time to develop but could be very useful

absolutely!!

16. Bailamosdance

Dance moms will always be a problem. One idea is to make the angry ones go to a table staffed by judges for service, where they can go and be angry and demanding, so that the judges can see which kids have the craziest moms, and then mark their kids according to how aggravating the moms are.

stash and Mr 4 styles like this.
  17. Mr 4 styles

NICE very funny good for a chuckle early in the am out here thanks

18. Mr 4 styles

at sw regionals this year i was chatting with one person ( whose name escapes me) and there was some talk of splitting syllabus and open into two separate nationals rather than adding a day

this obviously is a problem for the couples that choose to dance gold and novice

Bailamosdance likes this.
  19. Bailamosdance

Well, one idea is to make gold and novice what they are, which is they are not prechamp and champ. I'm ok for sme champ events to be separate, but they should go to the competition that bids the highest or bids the most quality additions (money for competitors, etc) and not just to someone who says ok we wi ll do this. Make the champ events biddable and you will see many of the Champ dancers especially seniors willing to support other comps. And, the bidding $$$$ will flow back to USA dance and the money can go to scholarships for the events (not siphoned off for specialty situations like sending youth to lake placid) or for sending more USA dance couples to world events.

Mr 4 styles likes this.
  20. Bailamosdance

Remember that regionals simply send $500 to USA dance for their sanction. Another thought of course is to make the regionals different every year, since promoters make all profit from these (they are not charity for dancers lol) and also make these biddable as well. If a regional has to bid serious money for their event they will spend serious money for the competitors...