2013 USA Dance Nationals - LA

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Dancebug, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Bailamosdance

Bailamosdance Well-Known Member

Lol wisely step into a vacuum'. Lets see the senior 4 event takes 10 minutes of floor time, maybe 20 if a semifinal. Yeah it was too big a burden for the nationals lol

Mr 4 styles likes this.
  2. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

i didn mean a temporal vaccuum ( as those dont exist) but an intellectual one (oversight):)

3. Bailamosdance

IMHO I would see if every year a different champ event went to a regional... Say, he 2 or am smooth 1, but I guarantee that that will never happen. It is all about ageism and who gets to decide....

4. Bailamosdance

Lets all remember this when the candidates try for our votes next.

Mr 4 styles likes this.
  5. Mr 4 styles

i think this is potentially modifiable.. but it would take abandoning the olympic pipedream and focusing on national growth of ballroom dancing across all ages

Bailamosdance likes this.
  6. Mr 4 styles

i have pondered running but the mrs says i already do wayy too much LOL

7. Bailamosdance

Do it!

Mr 4 styles likes this.
  8. Mr 4 styles

i will ask the boss LOL

9. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

At every Nationals there is a meeting for organizers of NQEs, and other interested people, the time and date is still to be determined.

Mr 4 styles likes this.
  10. Mandicraft

Mandicraft Active Member

It's not just Sr4 Champ Events that had to be time factored, it's all 4 styles in all 6 levels that had to be able to be accounted for...

11. Bailamosdance

Sorry only one level for sr 4 champ. There are no other levels in championship unless there are 6 new 'levels'... It is over 65, period...

12. Mandicraft

Mandicraft Active Member

The Carolina Fall Classic hosted/offered to competitors the National Championships Competition for Senior 4 Bronze through Champ for all four styles of dance.

13. Bailamosdance

Thanks, but the only thing that we are discussing is the championship level here, and how it was pulled from the nationals. Apparently show dance was pulled in 2011 and 2012 too. We are also discussing how USA dance pulled the s4 championship and sent it to a regional, and how we are speculating that the next championship event might be another senior event...

14. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

You are mistaking the point, which is that if S4 Championship has to be offered, so do S4 Bronze thru Prechamp, in four styles. If you have a single entry in each that adds nearly 3 hours to a comp's run time.

15. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

It may be, but those dollars come primarily from senior Pro Ams...

16. Bailamosdance

17. Akita

Akita Active Member

Maybe in some studios, but definitely not in all. My point though is that is the seniors that are keeping the ballroom industry afloat - whether in Pro/Am or Am/Am.

18. Mr 4 styles

PM me... i will attend

19. Mr 4 styles

valid point !!! so in order to accomodate the senior 4 ( and eventually above) competitors at NATIONALS they must either 1) run longer 2) add a day 3) split the syllabus and open into two nationals or 4) split youth from adult into two nationals

personally i favor number 4

20. Mr 4 styles

many of us our both as im sure you know:)

am am and pro/am i meant not senior and pro am LOL