1. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

<bump>

I had largely given up social dancing for a number of reasons, and part of the problem was that I never had a 3MC any more. For a couple-three years, I'd go social dancing and sit out most of the evening, or dance with leaders who were uncomfortable dancing, uncomfortable leading, uncomfortable with me. Not fun. So I mostly stopped.

Tonight, a friend was being DJ for a local dance, so I went. And had a ball. Go figure. 3mc left and right.

I've been reliably told that the endorphins released during dance are the same ones released during sex. I believe that. Completely.

pygmalion and samina like this.
  2. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

guess I'm going to have to stick with sex(which is fine)...haven't had a 3mc in ...as long as I can remember

3. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

I think I need to make a trip out to Chicago. ;)

4. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

you know, that might have been the last crush....and I have gotten a lot better in standard since then...so I'd love a chance to redeem myself

5. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

The answer is in the word "disconnected". You were not able to establish a dance connection with them, which is a necessary prelude to an emotional connection. Here's a dirty little secret: Experienced female teachers have lots of ways of making their male students look better than they are. They know all of their students' quirks; they can dance a figure with that student even if it wasn't led properly, because they work with that guy and they know what he meant to do. Or they can just flat back-lead. In any event, don't make assumptions about a lead's level of skill just because they look good dancing with an instructor. It could be that the reason they didn't ask you for another dance is because they think that you're beyond their skill level.

6. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Oops, I didn't realize how old this thread was when I replied to it. Anyway, I'll share this: A few weeks ago I asked a frequent partner for a tango. I've danced with her a number of times before, and the dances have always been pleasant enough, but nothing really memorable. So we go to get in frame and... she goes full-on body contact with me, something that she had never done before. And we start dancing, and it's obvious that her confidence has improved 100%. She's matching my aggression and having as much fun with the dance as I am. And I remember thinking "day-amn!". :cool: