A Newbie's Guide to Dance Forums

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by Zhena, Sep 27, 2010.

1. IsItModern

IsItModern New Member

Hi, I'm new here.
    Is there, and if not, will there ever be, a section dedicated to modern dance?
    Thank you!

2. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Hi IsItModern. Welcome. :-D

There's unlikely to be a forum dedicated to modern dance (or ballet, etc.) because DF is primarily a partner dance forum. However, occasionally, ballet, modern, hip hop, etc, questions do come up. You're most likely to find those threads in the general dance forum. Also, there are tons of topics that are of interest to dancers in general (splits, stretches, recovering from injury, foot care, how to warm up, cross training, nutrition, etc.) Those threads could be in any forum, since people tend to start even general threads in the forum that corresponds to their favorite dance genre. *shrug* If you have something in particular you'd like to discuss, using the search function is probably the best place to start.

Again welcome. It's nice to have you here. :-D

3. alen wast

alen wast New Member

Hi, peeps. I've been browsing these forums for a while now, decided to go ahead and say hello =)

4. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

Hello alen!!

5. Zyrai

Zyrai New Member

This is a great idea and very helpful thank you :D

6. dancelike

dancelike New Member

Thank Zhena for very useful information. May I add a little more: newbee, especially for one who use English as the second language (as me :) ) should read the Guidelines on the top and sticky threads first, then several threads to learn about what others said and felt.

Because members can come from many countries who has different customs and habits, an action might be allowed in your zone but not in here, so please read carefully the forum's rule before starting. It's good to use a dictionary to understand a terminology and ask Staff in the Private Message to Staff subforum for unclear things.

SDsalsaguy likes this.