A Round of Applause to All of DF

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by Larinda McRaven, May 7, 2013.

1. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

I want to thank everyone here.

When I log in each morning lately we have more active threads than ever. We are getting about 60 threads each morning. And more importantly of those 60, around 50 of them are actually DANCE topics with real dance content, in all forums. Precisely what a DANCE Forum should be.

DF has been here for over 10 years now and has gone through many incarnations. But I have to say this is probably one of the nicest times I have experienced yet.

I want to thank everyone for the roles they play here. Even the ones I have to smackdown sometimes! It really does take all kinds. And more importantly there is no "one" person trying to carry the weight. We all share it equally, and that builds a more sustainable community.

Thank You.

2. DanceMentor

DanceMentor Administrator

Great to hear. I am trying to post a little more often as well. I am seeing a lot more good discussions with stuff worth reading. The more we do this I think the more we will attract like minded people.

3. DanceMentor

I thought I would add that I had a look at the statistics and the average visit duration has been steadily increasing. In other words, people are likely to spend more time on the site than they did a few months ago, and that has been steadily improving. It was about 3 minutes on average, and now it is nearly 5 minutes.

4. twnkltoz

twnkltoz Well-Known Member

I have to say, I've enjoyed the environment here a lot more in the past year or so than I did for a while years ago. It's been really great. Supportive, informative, and fun.

SwayWithMe and Larinda McRaven like this.
  5. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

You're welcome. :D

6. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

more like an hour and five minutes for me...................:eek:

7. samina

samina Well-Known Member

I've noticed the shift on DF into a new "era" and the change in participation on the site, and I am really enjoying it. It is very refreshing!!! <<insert thumbs up emoticon>>

stash, DanceMentor and fascination like this.
  8. DanceMentor

Yep, we are up by 1000 pageviews per day on average as compared with earlier this year and doing that consistently. Monday was the best day in a long time.

samina likes this.
  9. Mr 4 styles

thats me:(

fascination and DanceMentor like this.
  10. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

and...for the record..I was gone most of monday...so I had nothing to do with it....delighted

Mr 4 styles likes this.
  11. Mr 4 styles

actually I was too but im never rreeallllyyy gone;)

12. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

Yeah! DF rocks!!!

fascination likes this.