A tanda for...

Discussion in 'Tango Argentino' started by tangobro, Dec 23, 2012.

1. opendoor

opendoor Well-Known Member

My problem with Carabelli is, he published a great deal of his work under a false or no name.
  2. AndaBien

AndaBien Well-Known Member

Really? Would you give more information about that?
  3. opendoor

opendoor Well-Known Member

4. tangobro

tangobro Active Member

Vals - Mixed orchestras
    (played by the dj @ a recent New York City milonga)

Romance De Barrio/Troilo

Palomita Blanca/Troilo

El Hijo Triste/Francini-Pointier

Sueno De Muneco/F. Canaro
  5. dchester

dchester Moderator Staff Member

A Pugliese tanda I've played:

La Tupungatina

A Los Amigos

La Mariposa

6. tangobro

tangobro Active Member

Los Reyes Del Tango
    (played by the DJ at a recent New York City milonga)

Don Pacifico
    (example not found - D'Arienzo version)

El Irresistible
    (example not found - D'Arienzo version)

Loca
  7. dchester

Since we were talking about Carillón de La Merced in another thread, I thought I'd post an OTV tanda with it that I've used before with it.

I actually only play the last chime when I used this song. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a way to specify the start time in a video with this forum software like you could with vBulletin.

In any case, Carillón de La Merced

Ventarrón

Adiós Buenos Aires

8. tangobro

tangobro Active Member

Miguel Calo

Que te importa que te llore

Cuatro compases

Jamas retornaras

Tristezas de la calle corrientes
  9. tangobro

tangobro Active Member

Juan D'Arienzo
    (played by a guest DJ @ a recent New York City milonga)

Maipo

Que Noche

El Apronte

El Cachafaz
  10. tangobro

tangobro Active Member

Hector Varela

Fueron Tres Anos

Historia De Un Amor

Que Tarde Que Has Venido
  11. dchester

Argentino Ledesma, what a singer. Nice tanda, tangobro.
  12. tangobro

tangobro Active Member

thanks for this particular tanda to Jon Tariq, host & DJ for the Tango Saloon milonga held on Friday night at The Ball dance studio, New York City.
  13. sixela

sixela Active Member

What? Only three?

I guess he had misplaced his copy of 'Fumando Espero'.

If you like Argentino Ledesma, you can piggy-back a di Sarli tanda starting with the di Sarli version (with the same Argentino Ledesma).
  14. tangobro

tangobro Active Member

This was a 3 song tanda dj, and I LOVE 'Fumando Espero'.
  15. sixela

sixela Active Member

3 song tanda DJs -- so cruel (especially on a good night).
  16. dchester

I don't have that one. (something else to look for, now)

I was actually planning to play the Di Sarli version with Florio singing, this weekend, but if I can locate this other one in time . . .

:)
  17. sixela

sixela Active Member

Actually, the one with Ledesma is the normal di Sarli -- the Florio was a backup that made it onto a record by accident (the Florio is easy to spot since it's much shorter, less than 2 minutes, with a lot of the orchestra parts left on the cutting floor).

The Spotify one that is 4:02 is definitely Ledesma. The other one (also 'Archivo RCA') that is 1:53 is Florio.
  18. UKDancer

UKDancer Well-Known Member

They are too far apart, stylistically, for me to ever use them together, and I prefer the Florio version (but see below) anyway.

Ages ago, I used Audacity to chop the intro out of one version, and bolt it on to the other. The sound doesn't quite match (I don't know how they could ever have released the Florio version 'complete') but it does make for an interesting comparison. I have played it in a Milonga, without anyone commenting. The irony is that the commercial release of the Florio was probably just a mastering error that has gone uncorrected. On my RCA Victor 100 Anos CD, the track is actually labelled as Ledesma @ 4:03, but that's not what we have.
  19. UKDancer

UKDancer Well-Known Member

I think I may have misunderstood you to mean a mixed tanda featuring Ledesma with the orchestras of Di Sarli and Varela. They'd be fine, separately, of course.
  20. sixela

sixela Active Member

No, I meant ending one tanda with one version of Fumando Espero, inserting a cortina, and starting the next tanda with Fumando Espero again --by the same singer but a different orchestra. Obviously that is 'against the rules' but in this case I'll gladly flaunt my defiance ;-).

I think I'd pick 'De Qué Podemos Hablar' and 'Novia Provinciana' to add to the Di Sarli tanda (and since we're not following rules anymore, after the last word of Novia Provinciana has said 'Adiós!' to Ledesma, I'd bolt on 'Noche de Locura' by another singer to drown my sorrows.)

That's my gut feeling. Should try to see how it pans out...