Absolutely Hilarious....

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by peachexploration, Aug 4, 2004.

1. peachexploration

peachexploration New Member

Okay, so I'm back in Salsa mode again. I call this place that's been offering salsa classes for at least a year. I asked them what type of Salsa do you teach?

Answer: The generic style salsa. :shock:
    Question: Can you tell me what beat it's on?
    Answer: Well, the teacher is latin and the cost is $ ??.00 for the six-week beginner course. :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

8)
  2. setsuna713

setsuna713 New Member

Wild guess.. you won't be taking classes from them will you?? :twisted:
  3. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Uh. Was it a ballroom studio? :roll: :wink:
  4. peachexploration

To be honest, I'm not sure what they are. "Any" kind of studio that does not know what they're teaching really worries me. :lol: :lol:

Nope, absolutely not. :nope: :lol:
  5. borikensalsero

borikensalsero Moderator

wepa...

now there is a place where I want to go!!! Yeah baby, Imma learn some generic salsa!!
  6. peachexploration

ROTF, LMAO :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
  7. twnkltoz

twnkltoz Well-Known Member

LOL I wandered in here because it was on the active topics list. Being a ballroom dancer, I didn't know there were different types of salsa! I guess that's why I don't teach it. :) I know like three steps. :)
  8. Danoo

Danoo New Member

were they english O_O

lmao
  9. squirrel

squirrel New Member

:) I wanna learn that too...
  10. Danoo

Danoo New Member

:lol: :lol:
  11. borikensalsero

borikensalsero Moderator

Peach, tell us when you are going so we can get a big group and all join in the generic fun!!! WEPA!!! So, who's in?
  12. Sabor

Sabor New Member

and after completing the course.. u'll be known as 'genericsalsero' woohoo! :lol:
  13. peachexploration

Boriken, isn't that just a kick in the pants! I'm still laughing MAO. The nerve of some of these schools. Yeah, we need to learn the generic CBL like they do it in the "generic" world of Salsa. :? Watch out kids, there's a new kind of Salsa in town. THE GENERIC SALSA. (Background drama music, "Bah, Bah....Bah! ") :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: Yeah, I can see all of us going to class one day and driving the instructor absolutely nuts!!!

This is exactly why research and places like Dance Forums are the ultimate dance safe haven for the dancer new or experienced. When your homework is done, no one can give you a sucker punch without you dodging and punching back. :wink:
  14. DancePoet

DancePoet New Member

I wonder where I can find generic salsa at the supermarket? You know, next to the generic brand breakfast cereal, or maybe the generic brand coffee, or how about next to the generic brand taco shells. ;)

Lol!

Reminds me of an ad for a dance school that is no longer in business. They were advertising in the newspaper, and one of the lines on the ad was, "Dance Instructors Needed, No Experience Necessary". Gee, sounds like a ad that likely contributed to the places downfall.
  15. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

Maybe they needed these instructors for teaching generic dancing... since experience may produce unwanted uniqueness :twisted:.
  16. etchuck

etchuck New Member

No offense intended please... I'm kidding.

Maybe they meant "geriatric" salsa?
  17. tasche

tasche New Member

Is generic salsa the kind that come sin a can with a white label and black writing that merely says "Salsa"?
  18. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

I'm really sorry to spoil the fun, peachexploration, but here the scenario that I see having played out:
    1. The studio teaches a number of different dances taught by a number of different teachers; ie, there's some degree of specialization there.
    2. The person you spoke with was not one of the "Salsa people". Either she taught one of the other dances or she was office help.
    3. If you had talked with the Salsa instructor or someone else directly involved with the class, you would have probably gotten a more knowledgeable answer to your questions.
    As it is, because the representative of the studio was so clueless about Salsa, I don't blame you for not going there.

Object lesson: Make your people who answer the phone as knowledgeable of your entire product line as possible. And train them in how to reply effectively to questions they cannot answer ("I'm sorry, I'm not involved with the Salsa classes. I've written down your questions and will ask the instructor (or whoever's knowledgeable). If you leave your number I can call you back with the answers or you could call back here in [whatever amount of time it will take]."). The person who answers the phone is the face that your company presents to the world. Make sure that it is a face that you want to present.
  19. DancePoet

DancePoet New Member

Another strong piece of wisdom from DWise1!
  20. peachexploration

This is quite true DWise1 and definitely agree with your statements. But, I expect MUCH more from the OWNER. Also, if your facility has been teaching Salsa for over a year, then there is no excuse.....But that's just me. Professional schools should be professional in my opinion. Sorry friends. I've been through too much in the last year. I have ZERO tolerance. :? :(