Aida latin dance shoes & SLIM heels?

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Daniewanie333, May 23, 2012.

1. Daniewanie333

Daniewanie333 New Member

Hey guys,

Has anyone tried Aida latin shoes? I am usually a 3UK in Supadance and not sure what to order with Aida.

Also,

Any thought on the slim heel? I've heard a lot of the pros love it for the line it gives your leg.

2. canismajor41

canismajor41 Active Member

Not sure where you are located, but there was an Aida vendor at a comp I went to recently and the lady was very knowledgable about the brand. I can't help you out with the sizing but she might be able to. Her name is Kristina Staykova - you can google her, she has a website. Hope that helps.

3. Daniewanie333

Daniewanie333 New Member

Thanks! I'm located in California, but will be in NYC this weekend...Hopefully I'll be able to her down or find my size at Worldtone.

Have you ever tried the Slim heel?

4. canismajor41

canismajor41 Active Member

I haven't tried the slim heel. She special ordered me a extra narrow in the Karina shoe to try on at a future comp. I actually haven't worn Aida before...I currently wear Paoul. But I loved the heel placement and the shoe was very comfortable, well built, and flexible. Hopefully some others will be able to comment on the slim heel. Good luck.

5. NonieS

NonieS Well-Known Member

The Ball NY sells Aida shoes and carry more in stock than worldtone. Krystina also works there.

6. TinyDancer109

TinyDancer109 Well-Known Member

sending you a PM

7. Daniewanie333

Daniewanie333 New Member

Thanks guys :)

8. Jananananana

Jananananana Active Member

I was just talking about slim heels in a RR thread!

I just made the conversion after asking for help here. I ordered shoes from England last Thursday night (at 10PM)

They arrived AT MY OFFICE on WEDNESDAY!! That's less than a week.

Let me tell you slim heels are the best thing since sliced bread.

9. Daniewanie333

Daniewanie333 New Member

Are they hard to balance in after dancing in flare heels?

10. Miss Silly

Miss Silly Active Member

I'm really wanting to try a pair of Aida's in the slim heel. I've been googling to order online but i'm getting no love---i can't seem to place an order directly from the site and i found an australian site however it won't process the order because it can't calculate shipping to Canada (there are no local vendors that have Aida).

I'd be grateful if anyone can PM me a vendor :D i did check dance shop but they only carry one model with the flare heel---i definitely want slim.

11. Miss Silly

Miss Silly Active Member

Ok y'all are off the hook LOL I kindly got a PM. It so happens that i'll be in NYC in a few weeks so i'll be able to do some shoe shopping at worldtone or the Ball NYC :D

12. nonstopdancing

nonstopdancing New Member

Hey, thanks everyone for contributing to this thread. Went Aida shopping in and here is the update...Worldtone has some shoes but very limited. Grand Prix has and good selection. The Ball NYC has none:-(

13. TinyDancer109

TinyDancer109 Well-Known Member

Go to Glamour & Glow - They have Aida.
    Look them up on FB for a phone #.
    Address:
    252 W. 38th St, suite 1401 (NYC)

14. NonieS

NonieS Well-Known Member

Yeah, sadly The Ball NY does not sell Aida anymore... the former manager was the one who was organizing the whole thing and he does not work there anymore. I would second the recommendation to hit up Glamour & Glow if you don't want to go to Brooklyn.

AidaDanceUS likes this.
  15. nonstopdancing

Thanks TinyDancer & Nonie. I live in Brooklyn so Grand Prix was convenient for me, but will check them out when I'm around there next. V

16. nonstopdancing

Hey Tiny Dancer and Nonie, I had stopped by where you've suggested and must say that its a pretty store, but I don't want to wait weeks for my shoes. Didn't seem to have as much in stock as Grand Prix. I'd rather make the 30 min BK trip and get my pair today than wait weeks, you know what I mean? Thank you both for your suggestions, much appreciated.

17. NonieS

NonieS Well-Known Member

FWIW I think that The Ball NY is going to start selling AIDA shoes again. I remember seeing a sign announcing that.

18. RussianShoeGuy

RussianShoeGuy New Member