Alternative Wedding Tango - Song Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Tango Argentino' started by sftango23, Oct 2, 2012.

1. sftango23

sftango23 New Member

My fiancee and I are searching for the perfect alternative song for our first dance and we are hoping that you experts out there in cyber space might have some suggestions. Ideally, the perfect song would fit the following criteria:

-Appropriate lyrics for a wedding dance (it does NOT have to be sappy or even necessarily all about love, just something sweet and positive)
    -Changes in melody (not a flat melody, a song that has both slower and faster parts.. rising action if you will)
    -Not cliche or overdone (we are hoping to find a song that people haven't heard a million times before)

Any suggestions? THANK YOU VERY MUCH in advance!

2. newbie

newbie Active Member

The american anthem maybe. It's very american, has nuances in the rythm, not too long nor too short, and as for being overdone nobody will publicly complain about hearing it again.

Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
    And this be our motto: "In God is our trust."
    And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
    O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

3. dchester

dchester Moderator Staff Member

Are you taking a break from your whining crusade against Villa Urquiza style tango, to instead whine against Americans?

If so, wouldn't a political forum be a better place to vent your hate, rather than a dance forum?

[​IMG]

4. dchester

To be honest, I never think about where the artist is from when listening to music, and most of the time I don't even care about the lyrics, (as for me, the voice is simply another instrument, albeit a very expressive instrument). I make be unusual, but that's me.

When I get a chance, (probably this weekend), I see if I have anything that might meet your criteria.

Oh yeah, Congrats on the engagement!!!

5. newbie

newbie Active Member

Now that's an american way to ask something. Whether I answer yes or no, I'm wrong.
    But don't think you're fooling anyone. You"re wrong here, twice.

6. sftango23

sftango23 New Member

newbie, do you act like a smug idiot to strangers (for no reason) in real life, or just behind the anonymity of your keyboard?

7. dchester

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. UKDancer

UKDancer Well-Known Member

I think that walk needs a bit more work.

dchester likes this.
  9. dchester

The old debate resurfaces over whether to land on your heel or land on your toe.

:D

10. Mladenac

Mladenac Active Member

Aren't you supposed to fly? :cool:

11. flyingwind66

flyingwind66 New Member

Wow this has gone off-topic... I know it's several months later now but have you thought about a piece from Bond? The female string quartet, not the british secret agent movies. Look em up on youtube, their stuff mostly has no vocals

Also concerning newbie... obvious troll is obvious and don't feed the trolls

12. Mladenac

Mladenac Active Member

Apocalyptica - Nothing else matters

Good tune and who knows can sing a lyrics :)

bordertangoman likes this.
  13. Mladenac

Mladenac Active Member

It actually tango "El Choclo" but arranged by Lois Armstrong.
    It has perfect lyrics:

14. Mladenac

Mladenac Active Member

Beautiful song I would put it under alternative tango.
    Trip hop can go under alternative tango.

15. Mladenac

Mladenac Active Member

Jason Mraz - I'm Yours

But I would use acoustic version. :D