American Smooth Shoes

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by astoria, Aug 13, 2011.

1. NonieS

NonieS Well-Known Member

I do not remember. I didn't get to dance in them (there was no point since they were so wide on me), but I did try pointing my feet. I don't remember having any problems. I have pretty strong feet though and haven't really had a problem manhandling any shoe to point... but I remember the Valeria did not offer any significant resistance to my foot pointing whims.
  2. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

Thanks! Good to know. I have a ridiculous yen to go to Worldtone, get in the car RIGHT NOW. I don't know if that's a Sign from the Universe or I just want to get out of the house...
  3. gracie

gracie Active Member

Never have a problem with Capezio Isis. Soft, flexible- narrow heel and wide toe box and it works. New ones right out of the box don't cause blisters.
  4. gracie

gracie Active Member

good for me wide in toe box. Thanks!!
  5. NonieS

NonieS Well-Known Member

Last time I went to world tone they had a small selection of smooth shoes. The Dance Feel shoes I had to buy from danceshopper...
  6. dancerman

dancerman Active Member

there is a heel guard (protector) available for almost any shoe and we can have any style desgined if a shoe is provided for us to send to the factory
    We jut took on the distributorship for FPGALA out of Poland. They design and manufacture heel protectors and a few other items for us. They currently have approximately 25 different styles of heel protectors including several colors to match the shoe (black included). We have sample boards for any retailer who may be having difficulty finding the right ones. I have sent shoes and heel protectors to them and they are redesigning some to our specification to make them more durable and to save the heels.
    The heel tips on the shoes don't generally wear because of the shoe but the weight the dancer places on the heel when pivoting and the angle they are leaning. We see all the time heel tips (also called lifts) wear unevenly because a dancer is leaning in a certain direction. I am not saying they shouldn't lean I am saying that is why it happens.
    Star Dance shoes is one of many made in China such as Very Fine, Stephanie, Go Go dance, DSOL, etc. We have had some shoes companies (names withheld) who have been allowing the China factory use poor quality heel tips that have been breaking off and we are not carrying certain brand(s) now (name withheld) because of that. ;) The heel tip is only as good as the metal (or plastic) pin it is mounted on. If that pin is too thin or too weak, a hard land on it will snap it off. Bye bye shoes (or, buy buy shoes if you are at a competition when it happens)
    Supadance makes several quality smooth shoes including the 1207, 1208 anf 1216. They are all visible on our website. If you need a narrow smooth shoe with great flexibility try the 1216 with mesh. Larinda wears that shoe and if you want info she may share it with you if you ask nice. Larinda is very demanding of her shoes (just like her students, guys, right?) If its good enough for Larinda, so to speak. The 7901 is also a good shoe; the 7 series shoes being manufactured in China for Supadance under their label.
    As far as heel protectors we have also contracted the factory to design several more popular sizes and styles with suede on the bottom for better durability and easier glide. Please go to our ttleaddancewear com website and see our shoe accessory page for the fphgala brand.
    Tell JT is she sends me a sample shoe I will either send it back with heel protectors or I can have them made to fit. I am known as Dr. Shoe and that is what I do.
    :cool:

7. dancerman

dancerman Active Member

heels

I will also be contacting Star dance to let them know we can help.
    Please, anyone, feel free to call them as well.

then send us your shoes and we will send them back with properly fitting heel protectors.
    Guaranteed.