America's Ballroom Challenge - Coming to TV

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by reb, Nov 18, 2006.

1. carmello

carmello New Member

Well, you are doing a great job. I hope the show rides the tail of Dancing with TheStars and gets a bigger audience.

2. ABC ballroom

ABC ballroom New Member

I hope so too! Once the website is updated, I'll post the link and forum members can share updates with their friends and communities. There are some really great dances this year, and even though I've watched the cuts like 15 times already, I still think they're great and very exciting!
    If only PBS had the advertising muscle of Dancing with the Stars...the dancing on America's Ballroom Challenge is so infinitely better!

3. reb

reb Active Member

There's a lot of talent in the amateur dance ranks (an underused, interested, and willing capability that the dance organizations, chains, studios, teachers could take greater advantage) - and you can access some for them through this forum . . . you've done a great job by engaging the dance community so far (soliciting review of your writing is a good example) - - - mobilize your troops!
    It's hard to find an 'amateur' community so full of 'professionals'!

4. reb

reb Active Member

PBS has moved posted more information:
    Second season premieres on Wednesday, January 31, 2007 at 8pm (check local listings)
    America’s Ballroom Challenge second season premieres on:
    Episode 1: January 31, 2007
    Episode 2: February 7, 2007
    Episode 3: February 14, 2007
    Episode 4: February 21, 2007
    Episode 5: February 28, 2007

KCET-DC is showing last years' again - Part I (Jan 16, 17), Part II Jan (23, 24)

5. VinceraVivere

VinceraVivere New Member

Ahhhh! I'll miss the first episode!

I'll be at the DWTS tour. I'll have to get someone to tape it. I'm SO looking forward to it this year - I was there when they filmed it both years, but it was awesome seeing it on TV as well because you get angles and views that you can't see sitting in a chair on the other side of the floor.

I can't wait to see Ben and Shalene's exhibitions again - their final one had me in tears, it was so pretty. Yes, I know I'm a loser. But whatever. I'm still so excited about seeing it! I'll definetely have someone tape it - last year, we recorded all the episodes and put them on DVD. I'm so happy it's 5 hours this year! :)

6. chica latina

chica latina New Member

Does someone know what is the schedule for the show (which styles will be shown which days)?

7. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

chica latina, this post was earlier in the thread, combined with the dates/times posted by reb, hopefully, you get the schedule.

Maybe ABC ballroom will come back to confirm the styles are still being projected to be telecast in the order above?

8. chica latina

chica latina New Member

Thanks latingal, I guess I missed ABC ballroom post.

I need to tell my friends I maybe on TV on Feb 7, since they asked to film me while brushing my shoes, plus i was hoping they will show some of the earlier rounds....

9. latingal

Hope you made the TV cut and we see you on Feb 7!

10. wyllo

wyllo New Member

Combining reb and ABC Ballroom's posts, the schedule should be:

Pro/am and youth exhibitions will be distributed throughout the coverage. :)

11. LACHopeful

LACHopeful New Member

I'm excited for it! Unfortunately, there has to be something catchy, like winning money or being criticized about your abilities in front of the whole world to have most people watch it.

12. ABC ballroom

ABC ballroom New Member

Hi everyone!
    Sorry to be away for a bit, we had to do a lot of transcripts and edits of the show over the last few days. Yikes!
    Here is the show's website that just went live today.
    http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/ballroomchallenge/index.html

To confirm:
    Hour 1, Jan 31, Smooth
    Hour 2 Feb 7, Rhythm
    Hour 3 Feb 14, Standard
    Hour 4 Feb 21, Latin
    Hour 5 Feb 28, Cross-division finale.
    Please please please publicize the show as widely as you can! Send people to the website, or go to the resources section and scroll down to the bottom of the page for some print outs, posters, and press releases
    Hooray!

13. latingal

Thanks for checking back with us ABC Ballroom, I am quite excited to see the new episodes....am spreading the word at our studio and with friends and family!

14. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

I like that they list the songs and who sings them...it'll save us a lot of bandwith here ;)

15. latingal

ABC Ballroom, was just wondering, will the show get promos etc. on entertainment tonight again this year?

16. ABC ballroom

ABC ballroom New Member

Possibly...
    Marilu made an appearance on The Insider and they aired some clips of the show.

She's doing a radio tour next, and we expect some reviews in TV guide, but it remains to be seen what else our PR people can do.

17. alemana

alemana New Member

her enthusiasm is kind of cute... if she were paired with someone who felt safe/empowered/enabled/whatever to give actual critical commentary, it would be fine to have her as the "color" commentator.

thanks for pointing out the feedback section of the website - after i have a look, i'll definitely provide some :)

18. LucyDiamond

LucyDiamond Active Member

Ditto

19. reb

reb Active Member

Glad you're back, ABC ballroom

20. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

I don't suppose they're gonna be in HD?