America's Ballroom Challenge - Coming to TV

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by reb, Nov 18, 2006.

1. Dancing-Chicka

Dancing-Chicka New Member

I should move there to reach my goal. I did notice myself in PBS challenge that alot of the good ones are from that area.

Anyone want a partner? LOL!
  2. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

Well, as soon as I win the lottery (tomorrow night=big one), I'm moving back. My husband is free to visit on his private jet, when he wants. But, all of my df friends will be welcome to come practice in my private ballroom (hey, a girl can dream...).
  3. LucyDiamond

LucyDiamond Active Member

And, I'm glad to be studying among the elite!!!
  4. mamboqueen

Get in line!
  5. samina

samina Well-Known Member

envisioning money all around you, luv...
  6. LucyDiamond

Good Luck!
  7. anp73ga31

anp73ga31 Active Member

Was thinking the exact same thing. :grin:
  8. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

Yeah ladies, move here : )
  9. mamboqueen

new dresses for everyone....I spare no stones!
  10. samina

samina Well-Known Member

yay!!!!
  11. LucyDiamond

:notworth: :rocker: :banana: :cheers:
  12. Casey

Casey Member

My theory about Andre & Natalie is that they have the Canadian place. They are Canadian national latin champions now and they started placing in the final at Ohio after Anik & Alain retired, taking over the Canadian place from them.
  13. alemana

alemana New Member

I was also surprised by the placements in the final based purely on my reaction to the dancing that was shown.

In the showdance, the dancer who stood out for me was Jurga. Expressive, emotional, lyrical - really individual and pure. I realized that I'd never really closely watched that couple, probably because I'm put off by their costuming and grooming. In the simpler dress, though, I could pay attention to the dancing, which was fab. I thought that couple deserved better final placements in both the showdances and the group dances.

Tony made a comment about Nadia and her partner which read as a little cutting to me - something about them being "the most improved."

The group dance awards moment was awesome to watch - Max bending down and kissing the floor, Yulia looking like she had tears in her eyes.
  14. mamboqueen

I agree; I would have had them #3 or #4, and then Delyan and Boriana....but that's just due to what I got from them and their performances...and what appealed to me.
  15. alemana

alemana New Member

16. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

I also enjoyed the emotional and physical connection of Vaidas' and Jurga's showdance. Would have also placed them in the top 3 for showdances.

I hear the top 4 US Pro Latin couples will be at NDCA Nationals in Utah in March. They will be included.
  17. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

FTFY. ;)
  18. reb

reb Active Member

Vaidas and Jurga are awesome!
  19. alemana

alemana New Member

So the top 4 would be, in no order but not really, yulia/max, elena/andrei, jurga/vaidos, and ...?
  20. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

At the NDCA nationals, Nadia/Ilya.

BTW, I love how you list the couples women first, alemana! ;)

ChaChaMama