America's Ballroom Challenge - Coming to TV

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by reb, Nov 18, 2006.

1. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

I think the gun shot at the beginning was a tip off ;)

2. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

The gun shot leads to the death. But, I still don't think the death fits the lyrics.

3. wyllo

wyllo New Member

I find it slightly condesending to assume that because a ballroom dancer has beautiful feet and posture she *must* have been trained in ballet. Also, I don't recall any comments about a male dancer looking like he was trained in ballet. hmm.

That aside, the dancing was amazing!!! Maybe having the couples dance two routines was a bit contrived for television, but I thought it really showed the versatility and talent of all the dancers. yay! :)

4. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

Elena was looking pretty hot last night too !

5. K_8ie

K_8ie New Member

totally!

6. dancesportgirl21

dancesportgirl21 New Member

The lyrics only imply that they have to be apart- it's just Felipe and Carolina's interpretation and the story that they chose to tell.

About the ballet comments- I agree! You can tell some girls have had ballet training from the way they use their hands especially, but since when was ballet a necessary prerequisite for good posture? While it can help, ballroom does center a great deal around posture as well.

7. My Ox Is Broken

My Ox Is Broken New Member

Don't count on it. The producers are quick to get any videos pulled from YouTube. Your best bet is to record it the next time it airs.

No kidding. When did they film all of these dances? During several performances, the ballroom was almost totally empty apart from the first few rows of people seated right next to the dance floor.

8. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

You know that my mom doesn't watch DWTS that much, but she watched this show because of the station it was on... and she loves Tony!!!! Finally!!! I'm like wohoo. Hopefully now that she found someone that she likes that she won't have a problem with me dancing (not that it matters, but I would like her to come to performances and things like that). But she had a problem with the Latin outfits, but understands why they wear them so short and everything now. And I personally loved Tony, but I never thought that my mom would pick him out. I was thinking that if she did end up watching the show that she would like Ben lol. So, GOD bless Tony! ;)

9. Medira

Medira New Member

Does anybody know when they might be re-airing this? The fates conspired to keep me away from this, as well as my parents, who would have taped it.

10. mamboqueen

I think it all depends on where you live, Medira. You should probably check your pbs website. Here in the Boston area, I have seen it re-aired on Friday evenings at 9:00 p.m., at least for the last 2 episodes.

11. LucyDiamond

LucyDiamond Active Member

I just finished watching my video of the final program and I agree with you 100%. Garry & Rita's routine was my favorite of the night!!!

12. Anna

Anna New Member

The one thing I was confused about with the Gekhman's routine is the phone dialing at the beginning and the end. Does that fit into a story somehow that I'm missing?

13. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

Okay, now that it's over for this year...what was your favorite dance?

14. mamboqueen

Boy, it's hard to pick just one. If I had to pick only one, I'd probably go with the martial arts routine. If you let me pick two more :))), I'd go with Vaidas and Jurga and Boreana and Delyan.

15. pruthe

pruthe Member

Mazen and Irina performed martial arts routine for Arnold Swarzenegger last Saturday at Youth Dancesport Classic in Columbus, OH., part of Arnold Sports Festival. Arnold was really impressed. He also saw some other demos by youth dancers. He is very supportive of dancesport and dancing as a form of exercise.

16. DancePoet

DancePoet New Member

I really enjoyed watching Katusha and Jonathan in their long routine with the umbrella. There dancing seemed amazing to me. :cool:

17. reb

reb Active Member

Thanks for the report and keeping us posted.

18. LucyDiamond

LucyDiamond Active Member

I know they were not part of the actual competition but my absolute favorite dance was Garry and Rita's techno routine. If we have to limit our choice to the competitors, my favorite was Mazen and Irina's martial arts routine.

19. Ithink

Ithink Active Member

My favorite showcase: Victor and Anna's, by far, no matter how many time rules it broke, was the best routine, emotional, simple, elegant, GREAT!

Some of my other favorites were: Decho and Bree's, Felipe and Carolina's (both showcases they did were awesome!), Emanuel and Joanna's, Max and Yulia's, Giampiero and Anastasia's (love his tango!) and Igor and Julia's (for its sheer inventiveness!).

Least favorite: the horrible slippers/boxer shorts/bathrobe routine and the overrated and overmarked routine by Andre and Natalie - it just wasn't 3rd place-worthy, at all...

20. White Chacha

White Chacha Active Member

LOVE their dancing. Can't stand the Il Divo. When they did that piece on DwtS, I was sure the show picked the music, with all that implies...