Ballroom Dance > Dancing on TV > America's Got Talent

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by paduex, Jun 15, 2008.

  1. paduex

    paduex New Member

    I for one love this show as much as the other dance shows in TV. While it's not primarily dance, the stuff they do have on there is really quite varied. Kind of gives you hope. The show's starting again on June 17th. I'm so excited. I've loved both of the last two seasons. It just keeps getting better.

    What does everyone think?
  2. BrownSkin818

    BrownSkin818 New Member

    I despise this show. So many of the contestants make absolutely no pretense about their presence there being STRICTLY to get TV time. The talent quotient on that show is like 20% and the other 80% I don't find humorous in the least. I had to suffer through an entire episode trying to support some salseros who were supposed to be featured. They ended up not being featured, and I ended up reflecting on different suicide methods by the show's end. :x
  3. Beto

    Beto Active Member

    I have no intention of watching this show at all. I value my braincells too much. If salseros or other recognizable dancers show up, I'll just look for the YouTube/DailyMotion/Redlasso links the following day.
  4. dancergal

    dancergal New Member

    I think it's fun and entertaining and I love watching it. From the granny tap dancing to the adorable little 4 yr old girl singing. It's just regular people trying to get on TV. I like it too. And don't forget that the guy who won last year, ventriloquist Terry Fator, signed a huge several million dollar contract in Las Vegas where they will replace the Danny Gans theater with the Terry Fator theater in 2009. How cool is that?
  5. operabob

    operabob New Member

  6. mcallum

    mcallum New Member

    THis is kind of a silly show but I do still enjoy it if nothing else is on.
  7. dancergal

    dancergal New Member

    That sort of crossed my mind too, especially when they brought the little 4 year old girl out to sing. Reminded me of the British Talent with the little girl, Connie Talbot, who sang Over the Rainbow. I had to crack up over the man dressed up like Britney! LOL! He was almost pretty.
  8. Izzy20

    Izzy20 New Member

    Call me a sucker but the four yr old made me cry.

    I love this show.

    The brittany spears look a-like: not sure if I was more creeped out or amazed....

    The group of moms said they were more respectable or something like that but I found their routine mildly disturbing. I wouldn't want my mom doing that :shock::shock::shock::shock:

Share This Page