Another what's that song - clave clap

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by Claire_Brummell, Feb 25, 2007.

1. Claire_Brummell

Claire_Brummell New Member

Hi All,

Someone please help me - I'm driving myself nuts here!!

What's the name of the popular salsa track, lots of brass in it, where halfway through the song they start clapping the clave beat?

Any ideas?

I know I'd know it if I heard it!!

Thanks!

Claire
  2. dancedude314

dancedude314 New Member

A stab in the dark: is it Calipachanguero?

Oh wait, lots of brass? Not sure. Anyway, I tried.
  3. gtdaniel

gtdaniel New Member

I think you are talking about a remix of El Gran Combo - Se Me Fue

salsaatl.com has a flash mp3 player on their site, and this version is on that, so check it out and see if that is what you are looking for. :)
  4. Claire_Brummell

Hi Guys,

Thanks for coming back to me but I don't think we're there yet - it's not Cali pachanguero, and I can't find the MP3 player on salsaatl (may be because I'm not in the US?) but I found a clip on another site and I don't think that's it (but having not heard the remix I'm not sure). The bit in the middle where they clap the clave beat you virtually lose all the rest of the music, there's virtually no singing and they just focus on the clave beat - not sure if this helps? I've been listening to too much salsa now, I can't even get the tune back in my head! If I get it back and think of anything else I'll let you know! :)

Thanks for your help!

Claire x
  5. Big10

Big10 Member

Is the song possibly "Amor Mio No Te Vayas" by Gilberto Santa Rosa? :confused: I haven't heard the song recently enough to remember how "brassy" it is, but I do recall a part of the song where most of the instruments disappear except for just the bass and something that sounds like a clapped clave.
  6. Claire_Brummell

Found it!!

One of the guys on the other salsa forums I belong to gave me the name so I thought I'd post it here in case anyone else fancies a listen - it's a great track!!

The song is by Miguel Yamba and is called Salsa Con Candela