Any salsa clubs in Bucharest/Romania?

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by salsera_alemana, May 4, 2004.

1. This is a question to Ranuca and Salsero_Romania in particular.

I think you mentioned that you have salsa clubs in Bucharest. My boricua salsero husband will be in Bucharest on business for a couple of weeks and I will probably join him for a week in mid May if I can still get a cheap flight.

This could mean a couple of weeks without dancing salsa :( . Of course we would love to go out dancing there, too, then we would not be deprived for so long.

Please let me know where in Bucharest we can dance salsa.
    On the Internet I found a club named "Salsa You And Me" (but no address) and a SALON Q, str. Elefterie 47 (Complex Cotroceni) tel. 094 80 95 43.

Looking forward to dancing in Bucharest :banana:

2. squirrel

squirrel New Member

Wow! I'm so glad someone finally comes to Bucharest!

The address of the place is no. 9, Lutherana St., behind Bucharest Hotel.

Salon Q no longer holds Salsa nights. Salsa You and Me is the only salsa club in Bucharest at the moment. If this changes, I'll let you guys know.

If you guys want, we can meet before and go together. The days to go are Thursday and Friday (I do not advise Saturday, as it is too crowded and it is barely any salsa music).

Let me know if you want to meet me and my dance partner in advance and have a coffee. Of course if you are interested and have time, you are invited to our classes.

Let me know what you think!

3. Ranuca,

Thanks for your info. Yes, of course we would like to meet you guys. It is always much more fun to go out with other people, especially with locals.

I will let you know when I know more details about the trip.

Looking forward to meeting you guys

Marita

4. squirrel

squirrel New Member

Look, Marita, if there is anything you need, I mean information or any sort of help... better hotels, better restaurants, nice places to visit... of course you can write me (Private Message if you prefer) and we'll answer all your questions. Anyway, when you arrive, be careful about the taxis (there are private taxis that charge a lot, especially to foreigners...).

I am waiting for more info from you iro the trip... and if your hubbie wants to go salsa dancing before you come (if he is allowed to, that is :) - joke) it'll be our pleasure...

So, just let me know if there's anything you need.

Bye for now