Any Salsa on the Radio in Los Angeles/Orange County Area?

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by DWise1, Jun 9, 2004.

1. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

Having just started back again to learning Salsa, I should be listening to the music as part of my training.

Can anybody recommend a radio station that plays Salsa? I'm in Orange County, Calif.

2. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

Don't know about radio, but there's always salsastream.com.

3. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

Thanks, though that's a little hard to pick up in the car. [grin]

Plus, at work they frown on streaming audio over the network; eats up everybody else's bandwidth.

But I will keep that in mind for at home.

4. Pacion

Pacion New Member

Try 88.9FM (kxlu.com) There is a website for it and you can get it online

(but I think there might be specific hours ie. 6.00am to 6.00pm, Saturday and Sundays only.) :D

5. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

┬┐Alma Del Barrio? I'll keep it in mind. Thanks.

The name reminds me of a joke I pulled on myself once. Flipping through the channels, I hit upon one of the Spanish-language stations as it was going through the titles for a movie, "German Barrios". I never heard of a German barrio before and so I just had to see what they were talking about. It didn't take me long to realize that it was an actor's name, the Spanish form of "Herman". Doh!

6. salsalawyer

salsalawyer New Member

sometimes on Saturday nights KLOVE (107.5) will play salsa until 3 or 4 am

7. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Wow. It is so nice to have you with us. Unfortunately, Friday night through Sunday afternoon is usually our slowest time of the week, so you may not see too many folks around in the next day or so. But salsa is our biggest and busiest forum (and pretty fun, too) so I hope you'll stick around until things pick up. Welcome. 8)

8. salsalawyer

salsalawyer New Member

i will!

Thanks for the welcome!! I know a few of the regulars here from the other board!

9. pygmalion

Yup. DF has some really nice people. I hope some of the West Coast folks check in to keep you company. Soon. It's Friday night, and I have a date arriving in ... thirteen minutes. :shock: :lol:

So I'm out after a post or two. But I just want to say hello. There are some older salsa threads that were really good. Hmm. Can I even remember the titles? There were quite a few, buut the best are the opinion threads. I'll try to dig up a couple links before I have to go.

10. pygmalion

Okay. So I didn't get to it. I'm trying to get dressed, here! :lol: But I will go through and at least start a "best of" salsa index thread over the weekend. Suggestions, anyone? :roll: :D

11. salsalawyer

salsalawyer New Member

How was the date>? :lol: